Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Superhero Evacuation Project (Swords and Psychics...)  (Read 16235 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Evacuation Project (Swords and Psychics...)
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2012, 06:13:28 pm »

Kevin decides that there's not a lot to be done here, not until the mall closes and he can suit up. He makes one last sweep past the stores near the smoke shop, apparently window-shopping as he memorizes any details that might be tactically significant. He decides to grab a cab back to the mansion, grab his gear and plan his attack. In the cab he quietly assess the risks in the upcoming operation, and shoots a quick E-mail off to Dopple.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2012, 06:37:40 pm »

Startled by the snoring Smokescreen takes a quick step away from the table and waits, staring at the sleeping giant. Upon realising that there is no immediate danger he takes a deep breath and goes to check out what is inside the envelope. He makes sure to be as quiet as possible.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2012, 11:32:55 pm »

Smokescreen:

You open the envelope as quietly as you can and produce two items, a gold pocketwatch, and a letter. To your shock and amazement you discover that it is written to you...

Mr. Mathews

It has been some time. I would inquire about your health, but I know you are just fine. By arriving on Truman you have taken the second major step on the road to your fate.

It may be a bit before I can make myself available to guide you personally to your destiny, but that don't mean you can't put together the clues and take a stab at figuring things out in the meantime. Take my watch to Governor Green. He should be able to tell you who or what I am better than I could. I'll expect it back of course, but enjoy playing with it in the meantime.

-An old friend

P.S. Just to show that I am to be trusted I'll point you towards your favorite money-making activity. The CEO of the Truman Motor company will be at Hogsmead, a bar back in the Roosevelt Dome, tomorrow night for his adult son's birthday party. He will be very drunk and far away from any of his sensible friends.

P.P.S Also, as a word of warning, you will have subconsciously read this letter aloud, word for word, waking the Giant. Good luck; He will try to get the drop on you.

You look up to notice the snoring has stopped. The tarp wiggles slightly. A lump forms in the back of your throat.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2012, 01:29:29 am »

Doppel was pained at the mere suggestion of being against a smash and grab mission. Even if he didn't know the level of security in the building it was annoying to be a useless piece of a grander puzzle. He gritted his teeth until Green was done talking and spoke. "I don't have an issue with a smash and grab operation sir. If you don't have the intel on the buyer, or access to a professional disguise maker then I'll be at the man's house within the next few days. I just thought that a more subtle approach would draw less attention to our newly arrived group."

He breathe a sigh of relief, having spoken his mind, no matter how objective-driven it was. "I'll take the outdoor pictures and the address, and see if anyone else here is willing to get me info on their security systems." He took the folder with the pictures inside, and walked out into the hallway. He checked his phone and smiled as he read the message. Shadowcaster seems to be telling him exactly what he wants to hear. If there was one thing he liked it was cracking skulls in the underground of the city, especially when it was part of the job. Between his reflexes, fighting style, and gunplay not many people stand a chance against him in an even fight.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2012, 03:58:53 am »

"Jesus, Fuck!" Smokescreen cursed and rolls away from the table before using his ability to fill the room full of smoke and pressing himself flat against a wall. Speaking very slowly he exlaims. "I don't want to hurt you. I'm a friend." Looking around desperetley he really wanted to hear something that would at least give away the giants position.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2012, 09:52:40 am »

The Spirit kept his eyes at the were-man 'hero' as he double-checked the mechanisms below the wrist-mounted plasma gun on his suit. He didn't trust the man, or his new decision - by a coin flip, no less! - to join the side of justice. Well, as long as he didn't bother the Spirit, the Spirit wouldn't bother him. He was confident of his chances in an open battle if it came to that.

Still, he'd better tell Doe once he was finished. Who knew, the agent could even have some extra information on him.

Stay put and wait for Doe. When he comes, tell him about Pavlov is/was here
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2012, 04:31:53 am »

Smokescreen:

You reflexively fill the room with smoke and press yourself against the wall. You hear what you can only assume to be cursing in some Latin based language and a loud thud as a body hits the ground.

"I don't want to hurt you. I'm a friend." You announce as you creep along against the wall to avoid blowing your location.

"Go you monster fuck yourself!" He nearly growls in responce. You get a feeling that English may not be his language of choice for rational discussion.

Spirit of Industry:

Segey spends another quarter of an hour working on his lunch. The Lycan seems to be the only person in the area capable of ignoring the superhero in the power suit. Eventually he stands up, leaves a tip on the table, and turns briefly to face you. Looking you straight in the visor he simply mouths the words "You don't scare me" in Russian before taking his leave.

Shortly after Sergey leaves Doe exits the office building and approaches you. You quickly tip him off on Raptor's Sickle. Doe is amazed. "You mean to tell me you know his identity? KGB never bothered shareing that with us, even when the Lycans were loose in the west. That knowledge might come in handy if I every want to earn brownie points with that bastard Attorney General."

The agent chuckles. "I don't think anybody wants to ride with you in that fume spitting suit. How about you just hop in the back of my pickup. It isn't exactly an official velichle, but it is open air. I'll let you choose the first location we visit. Some of the nuns are being held at Davy Jone's Urinal, an island on one of Truman's many underground septic pools. The others are in just below the Honest Spirit Dome; the radicals are forcing an Amish community there to give them refuge."

« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 12:09:12 am by Weirdsound »

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2012, 01:02:02 pm »

Briefly, Lillian wondered what it would be like to wistfully gaze out the window, scenery rushing by (since they actually had some this time), as the train began to coast to a stop, but, in lieu of that, ended up playing Minesweeper for most of the trip, and immediately shot a message back;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Standing up and prodding Alan with the soft bing as the tram stopped and the doors opened, Lillian begins weaving her way through the crowd out of the train and through the station.

"Y'know what "auto-mo-beels" are, right? The little metal carts without the horses what spew smoke out the rear? We're looking for one of those- it'll pobably be oddly shaped and colored compared to the rest, and there might be a bunch of teenagers or someone in a big suit of armor near it... Of course, if we don't spot her first, she'll probably call us over, so we shouldn't have to worry..."
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2012, 01:08:32 am »

Lillian + Alan:

The pair of you exit the train and make your way out to the parking lot. Finding the car is easy, as Alan quickly points out that most carriages of sorcery don't come in Neon Pink.

Lillian, although no car buff, quickly picks up on the fact that the car is is highly souped up with lots of what could either be exhaust pipes or weapon ports. The roof is down, and inside are two young woman. One is relatively normal, sitting in the passenger seat and thinking of Tacos. The other wears a light exoskeleton style power frame and sits in the drivers seat on a tablet. Lillian finds the driver's thoughts difficult to read... As if something artificial was protecting them.

The driver, obviously Synthetic Kiss, waves. "Hey! Get in the car quick! I know the greasiest damn taco-stand in this dome, and the quicker we get there the quicker we get fed!"

SK gestures to the other girl in the car as she fires up the engine, somehow amplifying her voice to speak over the roar. "This is Lua, one of my fans who had a bad run in with Dr. Dismemberment. Ripped her damn vocal chords right out. I'm working on making her something so she can speak properly again. Figured she might want to meet you miss... oh dear. What should I call you both while you are out of costume?"

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2012, 02:30:30 am »

"Shit..." Lillian hissed, cringing at the mention of the Doctor, "...sounds like a swell guy."

Google... 'Dr. Dismemberment'...

"Oh, yeah, just call me Lily! He's-- err, you're fine with me giving them your name, right? I mean, it's not like they don't already know, what with the leak and all...

Anyway, if you need it, I'd love to help out!" She turned in her seat to extend a handshake to the other passenger.

"Nice to meetcha, Lua!" [Um, I don't know how much you already know about me, but... well, I'm not really that great of a telepath, so it's not like I'll be plumbing your memories for your darkest secrets, or anything like that... well, unless you're, like, actively thinking about them... aheh.]

what are you doing shut up you twit

[Anyway! Just thought you might want to know- it really is great, though, since sign language isn't really an option for me... quick, efficient, and private!]
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2012, 03:52:08 am »

Lillian + Alan:

Synthetic Kiss offers a faint chuckle as you push the topic of Dr. Dismemberment. "Trust me. He ain't anywhere near the definition of swell. I myself may have a few issues with morality, but Dr. Dismemberment is simply evil in every sense of the word. I'd hunt him down myself, but he's a coward who works in the shadows and detective work isn't my forte."

The discussion turns seems to freak out Lua who's thoughts turn to the vivid and painful memory of being strapped down to a stone slab and cut open without anesthetic. The memories are so vivid that they cause Lilian physical discomfort. Lua notices and quickly changes the topic. [Glad to meet you. These tacos are going to be yummy! Yeaaa... thats it. Think of food. Not that.]

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2012, 07:34:30 pm »

(OOC: Never saw these updates...)
"He sounds like a foul cretin." These were the kinds of people that Alan had turned back to being a knight to vanquish. He would gladly hunt down someone like this.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2012, 09:09:31 am »

Ugh, walked right into that one. One of the oldest tricks in the book, in fact; people whom, once they learn you can read their minds, immediately think about the one thing they don't want you to know... which, while useful, isn't always ideal.

Quickly, Lillian jabbed Alan in the side with her elbow. [Oi, step off. Bit of a sensitive subject right now; we can ask Synth about him when she's not in polite company.]

"Sooo, what's been going on in your world, Synth? We've mostly just been getting oriented, so we get to be the idiot tourists today!" she said, breaking into a grin as she leaned back into her seat. Other burning questions, such as how she could possibly shake the heat in a car like this (current theories including "it's got lots of guns built in" and "it turns into a giant robot") could wait for now.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2012, 02:11:40 pm »

Smokescreen:

The giant charges through the smoke, locates you, and hurls you all the way across the room with a mighty throw. The impact hurts like hell, but you are pretty sure nothing is broken. The giant charges across the room for another attack...

(If you don't post by the next time I'm ready to update, I'll kill you off)

Lillian + Alan:

Synth shrugs. "Not much going on with me. I just did a resupply run, and I don't have any sales coming up, so I figure I'll just work hard and party harder until I run out of materials. It should at least be a couple weeks before I have to do anything that might inspire you to lock horns with me."

Eventualy the hot-rod pulls into a small drive through taco stand called Senior Roadkill. The staff and theme of the place seems more Redneck than Latin american. Synthetic Kiss orders orders the Houndog Supernachos for Alan, and something called the Atomic Alligator for each of the ladies. Alan receives a standard nacho platter and Lillian gets a plate with two taco's, rice, and re-fried beans.

"Its very spicy." Synthetic kiss warns as she tips the guy at the drive through window a $100 bill. "Beef and gator meat with cheese and house atomic sauce. If it is too much for you I keep Ice Cream in the Mini-Fridge."

After the meal of Mexican Food and Ice Cream Sandwiches concludes Synthetic Kiss reaches into her glove compartment and pulls out a blindfold. "You hero types want to check out my crib? I'd rather not show you exactly where it is, so that means a blindfold for the knight and one of my Psyonic Restriction Earrings for Lillian... If you'd rather not trust me, I can just give you a tour of the Hoover Dome instead."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2012, 02:47:02 pm »

The Spirit considered this for a moment. 'It sounds like the leader is more likely to be at the Honest Spirit Dome. Let's head there first.'

He ran a quick systems check, checking if the suit's megaphone was workng properly. He would have to talk the leader down - if that failed, there were a variety of back-up plans he'd considered, but all of them would take too much time. As long as this didn't end in a bloodbath...

Head to the Honest Spirit Dome
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9