Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ways to find defeated cities/hamlets?  (Read 864 times)

Kriby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ways to find defeated cities/hamlets?
« on: February 05, 2012, 04:18:18 pm »

I'm playing a pocket world at a very advanced stage, and only elves have survived due to the savage wilds. I've started a human outsider to find the wreckage of the civilization my brethren toiled for, but the only signs of human existance is a city, Pregnantauthored, that the elves have taken control of (seemingly oblivious to the heresy of wooden housing) and a fortress inhabited by trolls, elephants and honey badgers. I know for a fact the last human died in 709, 341 years ago in a city called Handlecottage, hung from a willow with a rope reed fiber rope, but there seems to be no trace of Handlecottage. Are cities defeated during world gen destroyed?

Edit: Derp. The Fortress (Handlecottage) was the place the last human died! No sign of a skeleton hanging from a tree as hoped, though. :( Which I suppose is realistic. Sleeping in the Fortress halls gave me a morning surprise Troll and Wraith of Ash (ash titan?).

Yow.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 04:42:01 pm by Kriby »

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Ways to find defeated cities/hamlets?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 04:42:34 pm »

It wont tell you if there defeated, but if you go into the quest manager and go into sites, it will tell you of all of the sites (towns and fortresses and such) that you know of.

Kriby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 04:53:39 pm »

As an outsider I don't get maps, but searching the fortress surroundings revealed a hamlet.. I prepared to liberate it from elven scum, but as I opened the door and stepped inside.. there lay not tree-hugging longears but my kinsmen, not worthy of the scriptures of legends but my kin nonetheless, somehow surviving the savage jungles and raiding denizens of the underworld.. My adventurer is crying, I think.

Alhash

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFFORTRESS_DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 03:47:39 pm »

That's amazing!
Would it be alright if you shared the world? I'd love to play on it.