Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Which creatures have "Can_Learn" tag?  (Read 3382 times)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Which creatures have "Can_Learn" tag?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 02:35:14 pm »

Creatures with INTELLIGENT:

Code: [Select]
pixie
fairy
dwarf
goblin
elf
human
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 02:40:06 pm »

Ah, so there aren't any other? Kind of weird that Toady hasn't given to creatures with both can_learn and can_speak "intelligent" tag since they apparently have same effect and there aren't any monsters that are capable of speech that don't have can_learn tag... At least yet, I'd guess that animals like crows/ravens and parrots could have can_speak without can_learn in the mimicking sort of the way...

Oh well, thank you anyway! Still, since pixies and fairies are vermin, I wonder if this means that vermin can have skills  ???

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 06:04:38 pm »

In the vanilla raws, the following creatures have CAN_LEARN:

Code: [Select]
gremlin
dark gnome
mountain gnome
kobold
amphibian man
rodent man
serpent man
plump helmet man
gorlak
slugman
snailman
leechman
reptile man
foul blendec
manera
troglodyte
harpy
satyr
merperson
werewolf
nightwing
tigerman
antman
minotaur
troll
blizzard man
ogre
blind cave ogre
ettin
cyclops
giant

Also all animalmen, which have a template which gives it to them.

Ah, so there aren't any other? Kind of weird that Toady hasn't given to creatures with both can_learn and can_speak "intelligent" tag since they apparently have same effect and there aren't any monsters that are capable of speech that don't have can_learn tag... At least yet, I'd guess that animals like crows/ravens and parrots could have can_speak without can_learn in the mimicking sort of the way...

Oh well, thank you anyway! Still, since pixies and fairies are vermin, I wonder if this means that vermin can have skills  ???
Probably, he intends for intelligence to have other effects.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 11:20:43 pm »

I just started this game, but copied this information about the can learn tags into a txt file for future reference.  thanks.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:22:52 pm by NTJedi »

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 12:21:35 am »

IIRC: Satyrs, harpies, foul blendecs, trolls and tigermen all have can_learn too.
Pages: 1 [2]