Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33

Author Topic: The Necromatic Arts: The Magical Adventures of Mayard Carter.  (Read 93864 times)

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Necromatic Arts: This time it's for real.
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 03:36:39 am »

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 04:15:20 am »

Is it just me or is that white title really hard to read (like the light yellow you used in the colony game for some of the numbers)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 04:59:07 am »

Turn 1: Oh right, that's who you are.
Panel 1:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ahh, it all comes back to you. Your name is Mayard Carter. Your favorite colour is purple, and although sometimes your sexuality is called into question because of it sometimes it doesn't bother you to much. You can be a tad emotional at times and despite your above average intelligence and ability to solve problems in a more creative manner then most, most of your actions are very illogical.You wish to have great power, but not only for yourself, you wish to help your miserabley poor family.

Panel 2:
Up pops your handy sidebar. At the moment it only has the absolute basic information about you but as they become relevant other elements will be added to it. As you can see your inventory is empty save for some firewood. And you are carrying 7 out of your 45 copper coins. You also have all 47 of your health points.

You should head home now, your parents are already probabley thinking of sending out one of your siblings to bring you back since you have been gone for quite a long time. You have enough room in your inventory to carry the bones, the heart and the axe. You suppose you could bring the flesh too but you don't have any need or want for it. Eating human flesh isn't really your thing and you can't use the flesh in you necromancy due to it being contaminated with the spiritual residue from the past owner.

Author Notes:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 02:53:47 am by Evil Lincoln »

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 05:08:09 am »

Is it just me or is that white title really hard to read (like the light yellow you used in the colony game for some of the numbers)

If you're not using the Darkling theme it might be hard to read.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 05:10:25 am »

If you're not using the Darkling theme it might be hard to read.
Oops, I completely forgot that not everyone uses darkling. I'll go back and give it a black outline or something.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 05:43:59 am »

Oops, I completely forgot that not everyone uses darkling. I'll go back and give it a black outline or something.

*Turns to teaching mode*
Profile>Look and Layout>Current There - Darkling.

Because wearing shades makes everything better.  8)

Head home, wary of your "prize" being caught in your hands. Try to preserve it.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 05:57:27 am »

Bring home the firewood. Come back for the rest tonight and take it to your sweet new shack.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 06:02:37 am »

But dark sites are ugly and so very 1999.....
I'll just live with people using unreadable text I think :P

As to our next moves.
We should take the axe and some of the bones with us.
Will carrying the heart get blood everywhere?
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 08:16:26 am »

*Turns to teaching mode*
Profile>Look and Layout>Current There - Darkling.

Head home, wary of your "prize" being caught in your hands. Try to preserve it.
Not everyone wants to use it.

Pack up the bones and heart, but be sure to hide them well.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 09:07:23 am »

See if there is an quick way to hide the bones.  If there isn't, leave them.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2012, 02:37:13 am »

Turn 2: Hiding the loot.
Panel 1:
You take the axe (your father would kill you if you lost the family axe) as well as the bones and the heart. You wrap the heart in leaves in an attempt to stop the blood going everywhere and it seems to be working for now at least. You decide to stash the evidence in your shack on the way home.

Panel 2:
Night begins to fall as you get to the shack. You've been sleeping here for a few days since it's a lot less crowded than your old home but you hang around you parent's house during the day to help your father make a living so he can feed you and the rest of the family.

The shack doesn't have a key but the door has a trick to getting it open so anyone who didn't know the trick probabley wouldn't be able to get in unless they broke the door down. It also only has one window facing northwest, most homes have more then one window but since the sun is always in that direction you only really need the one. Olof was a very practical person so you guess he wanted the house to be strong rather than having a good view.

Author Notes:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 04:15:18 am by Evil Lincoln »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2012, 03:47:00 pm »

Stash the bones and heart in the shack and make sure you pull the door tightly closed.

Return to parent's house after scrubbing hands and clothes clean of any blood. Act natural.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 08:10:11 am »

Stash the bones and heart in the shack and make sure you pull the door tightly closed.

Return to parent's house after scrubbing hands and clothes clean of any blood. Act natural.
Aye got nothin' so. . . . . .. +1
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2012, 08:14:06 am »

Yeah, this seems to be the only real option.  If he didn't care so much about his family, I'd say we kill and re-animate the family, but that would be too out of character. 

So +1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2012, 12:45:49 pm »

aye, let's do this. +1

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33