Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33

Author Topic: The Necromatic Arts: The Magical Adventures of Mayard Carter.  (Read 93768 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Necromatic Arts: The Magical Adventures of Mayard Carter.
« Reply #240 on: May 04, 2012, 02:37:13 am »

Loot.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 06, 2012, 01:08:59 am »

Turn 31: Delicious Loot

Panel 1:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After moving everything out of the corner and telling Shelby not to let the grouge escape you consult Olof as to it's fate.

Mayard: "What do we do with him?"
Olof: "He is a she Mayard."
Mayard: "Oh, okay. That aside what do we do?"
Olof: "Killing her would be simple and would avoid having to keep her on a lead but i'm going to advise we keep her around for a while. At least until we get her to help us carry back all of this loot. If she proves to be cooperative we can keep her around longer, maybe even permenantly if you wish. Keeping her a secret could be trouble however, hiding a chest of stolen goods is one thing but a person is not so much."
Mayard: "Alright, we'll keep her around. I'll go talk to her."
Olof: "I'll have a look at what we have here."
(+5 trust for consulting Olof)

Panel 2:
You approach Shelby and the grouge and see that the grouge is sobbing.

Mayard: "Um, Hello. We are going to take you with us. Can you understand me?"

The grouge sobs louder and begins to mutter hysterically. You hear the word 'pain' in amoungst the muttering but you aren't sure what it means.

Mayard: "Well at any rate I can't understand you."
Shelby: "I understand her master."
Mayard: "Really? What is she saying."
Shelby: "It is jummbled but she is pleading for her life it would seem. She says she does not wish to die repeatedly and intermittently states how she didn't even want to come on this journey."

After hearing Shelby speak the grouge stops muttering aimlessly and tries to talk directly to Shelby.

Shelby: "She is talking to me master. I believe she can understand me."
Mayard: "Why you? Why can't she understand what I say?"
Shelby: "I do not know, I don't see any reason why you can't understand eachother at all. You are both speaking the same."
Mayard: "No we aren't we- Alright if you can understand her and she can understand you then repeat what I say and repeat what she says."
Shelby: "Alright then Master."

Author Note: For the benefit of you, the reader. I'll remove all the text where shelby translates.

Mayard: "Calm down please. We aren't going to hurt you. We are going to take you with us. As long as you cooperate you won't be in any danger."
Grouge: "Okay. Don't hurt me please."
Mayard: "Don't worry - Um do you have a name?"
Grouge: "Call me whatever you want just don't kill me please."
Mayard: "Alright, I'll call you Gurdy. Don't worry Gurdy, as long as you do as we say we won't kill or hurt you."

Gurdy goes quiet and sobs.

Panel 3:

Olof: "Mayard! Come over here and open this chest."

Surisingly the chest isn't locked so you open the chest for Olof.

Contents of Chest:
Mayard: "Wow."
Olof: "Wonderful! The Cap and Shield of Darkmire."
Mayard: "You know what they are?"
Olof: "Yes, they belonged to a friend of mine. I suppose he's dead now, he was rather fond of his armour so I doubt he parted with it willingly. It is rather valuable after all."
Mayard: "The air feels strange around them. Are they magic?"
Olof: "Yes the armour is magic, it is unbreakable. Well actualy you could probabley break it, but it is much much stronger then most metal. Shame this is only the cap and shield, magic this powerful is very rare. I don't think either the grouges or the guards knew this was magic either. If they did they wouldn't have bothered with the hay and this wooden head to protect them from travel damage."

Panel 4:

Olof: "This went very well Mayard (+110 trust). We can probabley take back all of the weapons and valuables if we remove some of the hay from the chest and put in them in there. It would take all of you to carry it then though. If you leave some of the weapons behind then you could carry back this body, you can never have to many bodies."

You do a count of all the items in the room.
  • 2 pots of berries
  • 6 copper coins
  • 3 longswords
  • 1 large axe (made of a heavy unkown metal)
  • 1 Curved knife (looks fancy)
  • 1 Gemed necklace
  • 1 crude bottle (contains water)
  • 1 small box (contains topaz shard and 3 silver coins)
  • 1 Chest (contains the Darkmire helmet and shield)

Ah ha! To Olof's delight you discover a Topaz shard inside the small box! Wait, you forget why that is important. Oh that's right you needed a long sharp gemstone to get Olof a body!

Olof: "Now that we have this gemstone we only need some salt and oil. Once we have those a body will be within my grasp."

You drain the dead grouge's energy into the necklace, since it has a gemstone (although admittedly not a pretty one) it holds all of the grouge's energy (32 energy). Olof says he will teach you how to control more of it at once during your next lesson.

Author Notes:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 05:17:18 am by Evil Lincoln »

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 06, 2012, 02:52:18 am »

Well, lets ask Olof if the axe is valuable. If it is, we should take it.
Lets take everything except for: bottle and the berries, and any longswords that need to be left behind to take the body home.
We can get Shelby to carry the axe and shovel at the same time.
Though, if we have enough room in our inventory/chest, we should take the berries. Water/drink we can get(wells). We're fending for ourselves when it comes to food.
We should get the grouge to carry the chest with us back home, with Shelby staying next to the grouge the entire time.
But inventory mucking about aside, is it just me, or does the cavern continue on to the left?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 06, 2012, 03:08:22 am »

Lets take everything except for: bottle and the berries, and any longswords that need to be left behind to take the body home.
Though, if we have enough room in our inventory/chest, we should take the berries. Water/drink we can get(wells). We're fending for ourselves when it comes to food.
We should get the grouge to carry the chest with us back home, with Shelby staying next to the grouge the entire time.
But inventory mucking about aside, is it just me, or does the cavern continue on to the left?

+1.  And yeah, it does seem to continue.  Lincoln, is this like the magic mark you left in the cabin?  A hidden clue? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 06, 2012, 03:19:33 am »

Lincoln, is this like the magic mark you left in the cabin?  A hidden clue?
More like an accident I was hoping you wouldn't pick up on. I was meant to shift the view so you could see the rest once you moved into the room and out of the hallway but I forgot and that ended up being the whole thing. But if you guys want to explore it we can just pretend it's to dark to see over there. Bring some torches later and go for an explore if you get around to it.

CuRiSeeechun

• Bay Watcher
  • Available in 1 size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 06, 2012, 04:23:14 am »

+1.  And yeah, it does seem to continue.  Lincoln, is this like the magic mark you left in the cabin?  A hidden clue?

+2, but stick some of the longswords INTO the dead Grouge, drape it over the chest, (explaining that it is all necessary to Gurdy, to defend her and you) and then get help to take it all back to the cabin.

Milon

• Bay Watcher
  • asbestos free
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 09, 2012, 05:38:54 am »

+1, but definitely take the berries. It shouldn't take up much room in the inventory and we don't want to resort to eating Grouge meat in front of Gurdy.
60% of dentists prefer Chiron-Beta-Prime

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 09, 2012, 10:16:42 am »

Also, ask the goruge who the dead body was to her.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 09, 2012, 01:37:40 pm »

Hey, didn't we need a living body for Olof as well? Nobody will miss Gurdy.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #249 on: May 09, 2012, 02:09:39 pm »

I don't think he wants to possess a grouge... I just hope he doesn't want to possess us, either.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 09, 2012, 04:55:42 pm »

I don't think he wants to possess a grouge... I just hope he doesn't want to possess us, either.
He's going to need our help to possess anyone, so this shouldn't be a problem.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 09, 2012, 09:21:01 pm »

Unless the possessee needs to want the possessor to return or something...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 10, 2012, 04:02:11 pm »

Unless the possessee needs to want the possessor to return or something...
either way, he is getting our help.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 10, 2012, 04:22:27 pm »

A *female* grogue.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 10, 2012, 05:09:50 pm »

no bad arnok
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33