Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33

Author Topic: The Necromatic Arts: The Magical Adventures of Mayard Carter.  (Read 93780 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Necromatic Arts: The Magical Adventures of Mayard Carter.
« Reply #195 on: April 05, 2012, 05:12:11 am »

Get back to Shelby, order him nicely to come with you.  Get a stick, or any long blunt object, as a weapon.  Go to cave, have Shelby tank for you, try to kill the grouges.  If things go bad, retreat, preferably with Shelby.  If the grouges are dead, inspect cave. 
+1

also, give a sincere farewell and thanks for the Guard. Telling him that you've got business to attend to. (Shovel works like a good weapon).

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 05, 2012, 08:40:11 am »

what did that voice say i couldnt read it
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 04:16:16 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 05, 2012, 07:44:37 pm »

what did that voice say i couldnt read it
Here you go.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 05, 2012, 11:52:57 pm »

ok thanks lets go kill the animals
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 06, 2012, 07:25:14 am »

Turn 25:
Panel 1:

Mayard: "Thank you for the information, I have to go now since i have some work do do. I hope we meet again."
Guard: "You too friend."
Gain: "I am ging to leave as well, going to go see the mayor now about this grouge business."

Panel 2:
You start to walk back home and hear Gain telling Calline to make sure the guard is looked after. By 'looked after' you suspect he means 'doesn't steal anything'.

Panel 3:
You arrive back at the shack to an awaiting Olof.

Olof: "Did you get my message?"
Mayard: "Yes I heard you. It was like you were yelling in my ear."
Olof: "Hmm, maybe if I don't think as hard i- never mind. What did you find out?"

You recount the guard's tale to Olof while you let shelby out.

Panel 4:

Olof: "Over twenty of them? We had better hurry, hopefully we can get back before more of them show up. Good work by the way, good information and it doesn't sound like you sounded to suspicious."(+70 Trust)
Shelby: "Are you sure we will be able to do this master? Even if there are only three of them they will still have weapons."
Mayard: "Shelby has a good point Olof, are you sure we can do this?"
Olof: "Of course we can. We have the element of suprise, all you have to do is kill one and take his weapon. They had spears and since spears aren't effective against skeletons. So yours will have no problem if he has a weapon. Besides, you have a ghost on your side, maybe i'll even be able to just scare them to death." *chuckles*

You begin the uneventful walk towards the cave. Olof neglected to mention that it is a fair way away and that he only got there so fast thanks to his lickity speed. Olof and you talk on the way while Shelby quietly worries to himself.

Olof explains to you how to store spiritual energy in objects. Basicaly you can store energy from hearts inside certain objects, not all objects work however. Metal objects work but it's no substitute to gemstones, the type of gemstone doesn't matter apart from looking good, nothing says rich like storing souls in a diamond. Unfortunately the only thing you have that can store spiritual energy right now is the shovel-head. Of course you might be able to find something in the caravan when you kill the grouges, after all it was carrying tribute.

Author Notes:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 07:37:27 am by Evil Lincoln »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 06, 2012, 07:44:35 am »

Nah, these give us a few intro missions.  Once Mayard learns enough basic necromancy, we'll politely end our apprenticeship with Olof ( after getting him a body ) and make ourselves a necromancer tower quaint little cottage.   
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 11, 2012, 03:52:39 am »

Turn 26: Tactics?
Panel 1:

You reach the cave and spot a sentry. It looks like he is armed only with a sharp piece of metal with some cloth or leather wrapped around it.

Olof: "There it is. I counted three so the other two must be inside."

You give shelby the shovel and take a large stick for yourself. It is good quality wood so you don't expect it to break.

Mayard: "Alright, here is the plan...."

What is the plan? >_______________________________

Author Notes:

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 11, 2012, 04:33:37 am »

grab a stone and throw it in to some bushes away from you and have shelly sneack up on guard and hit him really hard do this qient so we may catch the others sleeping or playing some card game
My Sig

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 11, 2012, 04:43:06 am »

Have Shelby act in a very loud, intimidating monster.  Use him to draw the grouges away from the cave, then sneak up on them from behind, flanking them. 

Are these things scared of supernatural beings? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #204 on: April 11, 2012, 07:00:28 am »

Olaf: Float around the other side and leap out of the bush at the thing, distracting and possibly scaring it. It can't hurt a spirit anyway, so Olaf can act like he is attacking.

Shelby: Take the shovel and whack that little bastard over the head until it stops moving. It can't hurt you with a sharp piece of metal anyway.

Then

Olaf: Scout out the cave for possible traps.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 11, 2012, 07:02:52 am »

What, Mayard does nothing? 

He's no warrior, but having him flank an enemy would improve the odds in our favor.

If Olof can actually help us that way, yeah +1 to that part of your idea. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #206 on: April 11, 2012, 07:11:09 am »

Mayard is the only one of the three who could be wounded here. Why even walk out there when Shelby is perfectly capable of braining a kobold/goblin analogue by himself?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 11, 2012, 07:14:20 am »

Well, that's why Shelby will tank.  Mayard will stay as quiet as possible, to initiate a hopefully successful sneak attack.  Even if the grouge turns around to attack Mayard, Shelby could then be the flanker.

It really all works to our favor, unless the other two(?) come out. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #208 on: April 11, 2012, 07:17:17 am »

I suppose we'll do whatever is the highest voted. I am just of the mind to not expose the only mortal member of the party to danger needlessly when there is a perfectly good expendable skeleton to do it.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 11, 2012, 07:20:52 am »

At this stage, I don't think SHelby's expendable.

But yeah, you're right, let's wait for other people to vote, before we clog up this thread with our brainstorming. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33