Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stone won't be dumped or used!  (Read 751 times)

Baro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stone won't be dumped or used!
« on: February 21, 2008, 10:02:00 pm »

So I mined out a 2x4 light shaft over my dining room table and chairs in an attempt at making sure my fort's residents always get a slight dose of sunlight.  Everything went well and the room functioned fine for years.

Finally I decided to do a clean up since I was past the 'survival' stage and onto the 'fancy the shit out of EVERYTHING' stage.  I was engraving and blinging out all my rooms when I came to the dining room.  I designated all the stone laying around to be dumped and the dwarves got to work, great.

A season later I notice the dining room table area is still covered in stone.  I noticed they are still designated to be dumped, but no one will touch them.  I tried removing all the furniture in the room but even that didn't work.  I thought it might be a refuse outside issue, but the light-shaft has grates at the top and the tiles clearly say 'inside'.  The rocks arn't forbidden or anything like that.

Why won't these rocks get dumped or used?

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stone won't be dumped or used!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 11:51:00 pm »

Constructions usually get thought of as being outside, nevermind that it says inside.

Baro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 12:30:00 am »

I should just play with my refuse orders then.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 01:37:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Baro:
<STRONG>I should just play with my refuse orders then.</STRONG>

Correct.