Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Sun Sign (A roleplaying game)  (Read 10802 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Sun Sign (A roleplaying game)
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 03:53:04 pm »

OOC: Ahh, will be watching. :P

The waiting list is quite long, but I may as well go ahead and submit.

Name: Tali Whitestone
Skills: Charisma, Steam-Mech Piloting, Elemental Alchemy, Dueling Rapier
Astral Sigil: Unbalanced Scales, left under right
Starting Race:  Dwarf of the Cog
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 03:55:07 pm »

(Lol. Next thing'll be Tali Greystone.)

There's a waiting list?

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 03:57:12 pm »

Yeah there's a waiting list, only 4 players at a time.
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 03:58:03 pm »

(Damn. Well, I'll be waiting long then. -takes out an uzi to finish off anyone who dies-)

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 04:12:07 pm »

Woah-me. Looks like we'll have quite a large waiting list. I don't want to kill people off quickly, but adding even more players in might be a little difficult to manage... hmm, actually I think I could do it. Not all actions are deserving of a a huge story, and the status' will be mostly a copy+paste job with changes.

Remember that I would like you guys to roleplay somewhat. You don't have to make super-long posts, but don't do simple actions again and again and again.

I'll also probably centralize some skills, like combining thievery with sneaking. Maybe. I dunno.

Also, a larger explanation of magic: Basically, there is HUGE alphabet of magical runes/symbols, and all that I mean by runes is letters. Magic is piecing together these letters to form words, or spells. Then you can piece together these words to form even more complex words/spells. It's similar to the German language: You can form compound words. The compound words can be things like a noun+noun, an adjective+noun. In fact, the compound word system is really just the combining of words to form one word. For example, in English, you might describe the sky as 'light blue'. In German, you could say hellblau, which is really just light and blue together.

What this means for the magical system is that there are an insane amount of combinations, and thus spells. For example, Terkiey, with his healing magic, could say the rune 'heal' to heal, say, a burn wound. Or he could combine the runes of heal and fire to make a spell more effective at healing burns. Because of this, the skill of 'runes' is incredibly vague and far-reaching.

Let me make up some kind of crazy example... So, say Nikalas encountered an animal that was unusually scared of... dragons. He could combine the rune words of dragon, apparition, and fear, to form an apparition of a dragon to scare that certain animal.

This system also means that there are many roundabout ways to do things. If you wanted to push a boulder, you could simple say the rune word of push... or you could say the rune words of air, heat, expand (or something) to heat and expand the air around the boulder to generate enough pressure to move it (although this method would probably take more mana/energy than push.)

So yeah, I encourage you guys to do your best to create all kinds of wild spells and such.

Also, ElfCollaborator, your characters CAN meet, but destiny doesn't really take a part in it. I could do some magical GM-y things, but yeah.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

RoryTehNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 09:04:52 pm »

Today is the day. Lebuarts says goodbye to his friends and family and heads over to his Arrow School to ask his old favorite professor, Yrorigan, for any final advance before he heads out. After a nice long bittersweet goodbye Lebuarts exits the gates to the city. To start his adventure, he takes an arrow into his bow and fires it randomly into the forest. He heads off in search of it, and his destiny.
Signatures are displayed at teh bottom of each post or personal message.

Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 379

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 06:56:16 pm »

Alright, Terkiey still hasn't posted yet. I'll give him a few more hours, maybe a day, and then JackoSpades will be put in.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 07:51:56 pm »

I feel very overlooked... I'm not in line over here?
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 08:43:56 pm »

name Jareth
gender male
skills illusion making, orb of travel, limited far sight, induce amnesia
sigil owl
race elf hardcore magic

Ah, yes. Keep in mind that I'd like a good amount of 'story' in this, as well as fairly good grammar and spelling. This isn't a 'post quick and you're done' thing, although many actions don't justify a block of text.

No offense, but from what you've shown me here, you seemed to just rush through this. Not much capitalization anywhere, 'elf hardcore magic', and you haven't seemed to grasp what I mean by 'skills.' I don't mean abilities, like the ability to induce amnesia or having an orb of travel, I mean... well, skills. Like illusion making, although that is quite a shallow skill considering the full extent of the magic in this game. If you tidy it up a bit, then you're most definitely in.

If English is not your first language, then that's still okay.
I feel very overlooked... I'm not in line over here?
This kind of grammar is just fine, but it's not this post I am looking at here, it is the application.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 10:53:54 pm »

((If there is a waitlist, could Dwarmin be pushed up to my place? As in we switch places in short if he is lower than me in waiting.))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2012, 03:02:02 am »

(Also, post the waiting list. Kill everyone off horribly who doesn't post within a certain amount of time, say, one day or more. I'm just suggesting that so the game isn't stuck full of people away on vacation, oh and if you are away, please say so to prevent inconvience.)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2012, 05:06:55 am »

((If there is a waitlist, could Dwarmin be pushed up to my place? As in we switch places in short if he is lower than me in waiting.))

I'm like 9th deep in the waitlist. :P

Which means alot of people have to flake for me to get a shot.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2012, 08:07:11 am »

I'm a little antsy to get started, and Terkiey hasn't posted yet. I can't do anything when I'm in school, so I either cut him out in the afternoon or now, in the morning.

The afternoon might give him time to post, but if earlier indications are any... well, indications, then I am wary. Also, waiting list.

1. JackoSpades
2. Armok
3. Dwarmin (switched with Tiruin if you don't mind)
4. IamElfCollaborator
5. Tiruin.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 08:16:15 am »

I'm alright with that.  :D

((Kill them all))

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 11:24:56 am »

Sorry!!! :P

Go visit my mother one last time, then go to the magical academy to learn about where I could find my way to the legendary healing temples of Latviar to learn. Maybe see if I could get some advice and other equipment while I am there too.
Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6