Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Sun Sign (A roleplaying game)  (Read 10798 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Sun Sign (A roleplaying game)
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2012, 07:10:13 pm »

Wait, so all golems have a mechanical brain? Or is there some specific reason I can't use the same general purpose runes used for getting golems to see, keep their balance, interpret spoken commands, etc.? Each of those is a much harder AI problem than what I'm trying to do, since I can rely on some of the higher level processing being done by the same brain it's observing with a bit of training.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2012, 10:52:43 pm »

Wait, so all golems have a mechanical brain? Or is there some specific reason I can't use the same general purpose runes used for getting golems to see, keep their balance, interpret spoken commands, etc.? Each of those is a much harder AI problem than what I'm trying to do, since I can rely on some of the higher level processing being done by the same brain it's observing with a bit of training.

Your logic is throwing hookballs at me left and right. By your last sentence, I garner you mean using one's own brain to speed along the process? And... argh, the over-complication again.

--SIMPLIFICATION POWERS, ACTIVATE--

All machines from now on will experience fairly simple construction. There will be no need to construct each part, etcetera. The bigger a project, the more turns it will take and the more resources it will take, but otherwise there will be no crazy/confusing/tedious things.
All construction will be modular. For example:
"YOU FINISH 2/5 OF THE CONSTRUCTION: THE MIND, THE ARMS, AND THE LASER CANNON. IT TOOK 15 PARTS"
and so on.
Hopefully this decision sits well with everybody.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2012, 12:06:27 am »

Any space left?
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2012, 09:28:19 am »

Ok, so next turn I presumably finish the module that sends information back to the brain (Lets call that one tentatively FEEDBACK, and the other two the PROBE and PRE-FORMATTER for easy reference), then I'll test it thoroughly and train myself in interpreting the signals, as well as building up a large base of stored experiences.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]