Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Sun Sign (A roleplaying game)  (Read 10796 times)

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sun Sign (A roleplaying game)
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2012, 01:19:59 pm »

Heh, sorry for the wait. Been pretty sick recently. Like, sick enough to be unplugged from reality. Anyways, I'll start working on the update... while piecing through Armok's philosophy machine (i'll probably PM you about that later, by the way).

Also, mcclay still has to post.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2012, 03:46:14 pm »

Bump for the glory of all that is RPG!!!!!!!  8)
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2012, 08:28:08 am »

Ah, finally gonna get the chance to update this more. I've been caught up with some large projects with my lit. class, as well as doing thousands upon thousands of preparations for my school talent show, of which I am MC'ing..

But finally, finally, tomorrow is Saturday and then Spring Break. I'll PM Mcclay and we can finally oil this thread's old gears.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2012, 07:20:09 pm »

Nikalas getd up and leavs the libaray. He then goes andmeets with his empyloer.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2012, 07:21:26 pm »

About time my good sir, let it begin........ Again!!!!!!!  8)
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2012, 06:44:20 pm »

Doba dobaaaaa.............  ::) Where is my sun sign, oh pleasant sun sign.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2012, 07:18:40 pm »

Got the update 3/4 of way done. But... spring break, as well as sickness and losing own voice, and more. Will work on it.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2012, 07:47:05 pm »

---Terkiey--
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
    Terkiey nods once and speaks. "I'll help in any way I can." The man breathes a weary sigh of relief and starts running, presumably, towards the scene of the accident, gesturing for Terkiey to follow him, and thus Terkiey does. The accident was in another barn, and quite an old one at that. The beam that fell was probably rotted and eaten away by termites, so it was no wonder it fell.
    Terkiey arrived at the scene to find a girl, surrounded by 3 people, presumably the rest of her family. Terkiey rushed forward and kneeled beside the girl, as her father pulled the other people aside. Terkiey was surprised to see that the girl was quite beautiful, and couldn't have been older than 15. Terkiey ignored the fact and examined her injuries quietly.
    The girl was bloodied on the side of her head, and her right arm was twisted unusually. Terkiey looked to the side and saw the beam that had fallen. It was large, and ringed with metal as to reinforce it. The metal hadn't done much, Terkiey guessed. Now, the spell to heal her... She appeared to have a concussion, and her arm was dislocated, and probably fractured as well. He could do a simple packet spell, Heal, or he could go with the specifics, which would involve several smaller spells. And her wounds had to be cleaned, too. Which should he do?
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
---Astral Gorgas---
    Astral had thought that the Roadwerk was coming from Dar and going towards the Cog, but it was the other way around. No matter; Astral would walk first. It really made no difference, since Astral had been walking, sprinting, and even more often sneaking through the forest since he had been a young boy. Besides, it was good exercise, unlike some. Those sleazy magidoctors and their ‘fat-removing spells’. Ugh.
    Astral made his plan as he walked towards the Cog; he would find a good location to retreat to if things got too hot on the inside. Astral continued to plot and figure as he reached the Roadwerk Half-station and got a ride to the Cog. Astral had to admit; Roadwerks were extremely efficient. Apparently they were a fairly new invention made possible by Magitech. Friction-reducing spells, although hard to upkeep, did wondrous things to machines. And then, finally, Astral was there. He could see why it was called the Cog, for a massive arch themed as if to be a cog towered over the main gate. Astral could see near opaque windows at the top of the arch, and had no chance not to notice the turreted cannons anchored all along the arch. It seemed the arch doubled as a guard post, and probably an effective one at that.
    Tearing his eyes away from the imposing construction, Astral examined the area. Clusters of buildings had rooted themselves around the two bases of the arch, and a strange sculpture stood in the middle of the open gate, like a boulder parting the waters of a stream. The sculpture would do nicely as a landmark, Astral thought.
    Astral tapped his backpack, where he had placed his package. Now, where to?
---Nikalas--
Nikalas took a tired yawn before getting up and readying himself. It didn’t take long, as usual. He had little prepare. Nikalas walked out of the library and headed towards the given location: the Western Gate. It wasn’t a far walk, as the library was centered in the western part of town. Soon, Nikalas reached his destination. Nithiri stood by the gate, just as promised. Two other people stood with her. As Nikalas stepped up next to the small group, Nithiri glanced at him, and then spoke.
“Good. It appears everyone is here, so I might as well explain now. “
Nithiri pauses, and then continues.
“The Staff of Amaj-ur. One of the most elusive objects out there; there is almost no hint to where it resides. But, I’ve found something: a map. I won’t tell you what it is of, but just know that it can possibly lead us to our goal. First, however, we access the underground, through a mountain in the north, far northeast of the Cog. We leave now. Any questions?”
Nithiri finishes speaking and starts tapping her foot on the ground. All is quiet.
---Micka Sitchof---
Micka remembered an idea she had thought of some time ago: An introspection machine. It was quite a large project, but Micka believed she had enough time and resources to finish it. She would start first with the finer parts of the machine, the artificial mind and the detector. The detector is the easier of the two; a fairly simple magitech construction that uses mind magic to probe a mind, and then convert it to a format usable by a machine. A probe mind spell should do it. You begin work on the detector.
--
Ah, you’re done! You used two magitech parts, as well as the probe mind spell, but you certainly got results. The detector does what a probe mind spell does, but formats it and gets it ready to be sent to wherever. Now, what next? Ah, the artificial intelligence. That would be somewhat of a bother, although the artificial intelligence needed wasn’t super advanced. Micka would get to work shortly.
---

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2012, 08:28:33 pm »

"None expect what kind of creatures might we be facing, or any traps or spells we might have to worry about. I would not be happy if  walked through the entrance and was decpated by a blade trap." Nikalas said with an air of aloofness. On their journey he tried to learn more about his fellow travellers.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2012, 08:33:03 pm »

Walk around The Cog for a little bit, check the surroundings carefully. Then after maybe an hours walk, Find the destination in which to deliver the "Goods".
If approached at any time, be calm and dont raise suspicion, dont need guards on our tracks.

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2012, 11:13:53 am »

Terkiey will get his stave/staff, (not wand) and do many small spells, starting from the more important injuries.
Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2012, 11:15:25 am »

Waiting list changed? :D?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2012, 11:52:34 am »

(so since my project apparently takes many turns even for the first iteration I don't submit any more actions or what?)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2012, 02:51:43 pm »

I'm trying to distance myself from too many mechanics, since it seems whenever I do that the game ends up failing, so I'm not going to work out how long a turn will be, etcetera, but I will try to give a reasonable amount of actions for a turn.

Also, sorry Armok, I didn't think of that. I'll try to finish the machine so that you aren't a spectator.

Waiting list:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2012, 02:56:52 pm »

Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6