Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Sun Sign (A roleplaying game)  (Read 10795 times)

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
Re: Sun Sign (A roleplaying game)
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2012, 05:01:45 pm »

Give him till the end of ngiht, around midnight, if he doesnt post by then, hes out. Sounds fair enough.
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2012, 06:19:50 pm »

Its been a day and still he has yet to post, i think either A) His internet is down or B) He is dead and is currently in his *<Gold sarcophagus>*. So, time for us to get cracking. *cracks knuckles*
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2012, 09:32:29 pm »

Alright, sorry RoryTehNoob, but you're cut. Now, it's either Raborman or JackoSpades, and Rabormans status still isn't good. I've tidied it up here. I've merged illusion object making and induce amnesia into mind magic and turned orb of travel into spatial magic, but I'm not sure what to do for this limited far sight thing, and this combination leaves a new slot open. I don't want to choose for Raborman, so.

Skills: Mind Magic, Spatial Magic,

Let me PM JackOSpades and tell him, unless Raborman can provide the status quick enough.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2012, 09:48:39 am »

Okay, really not sure what JackoSpades is doing. He's been on, but hasn't responded to any messages or posted here, obviously. I guess I'll go on to Armok, then? Unless one of you guys can post fast enough.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2012, 08:36:18 am »

Sure! So, do i get an intro like the others? Not sure what actions I could do before that.

Also, I've skimmed the thread but I didn't read every part of everyone's turn since they were long and it'd be OOC knowledge anyway, is there anything particularly important I shouldn't miss?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2012, 08:44:33 am »

Someone needs to put down a few spoilers in the OP.  ;)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Graveyard (click to show/hide)

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2012, 01:58:11 pm »

Alright! Seems like we're cooking with gas again. Armok, I'd rather you post your action, so that I can post your introduction and action at the same time, so you don't lag behind everyone more than you already are. (which is actually not that much, but eh.)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2012, 03:44:05 pm »

Except I don't know what situation I'm in other than the city and age, so i don't know what kind of actions are available. So, uh, some action that lets me start making cool gadgets soon?
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2012, 04:29:31 pm »

Oh, right. Silly me. I'll get working on the status soon.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2012, 08:56:38 pm »

---Terkiey--
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
    Terkiey woke up in a somewhat comfortable pile of hay. Standing up, he was struck upon by an idea. His wands of healing were generally kept in his pack, but he had his staff at hand quite often... so, why not make his staff one huge wand? Immediately setting upon the task, Terkiey retrieved his staff and one of his wands and began the action. Searching for the right rune words, Terkiey finally settled upon them. Touching both the wand and the staff, Terkiey spoke the words. Transfer, heal, energy. And... it was done. Terkiey felt the subtle flow of energy transferring from the wand, to his left hand, all the way to his right, and then into the staff. Well then, Terkiey thought to himself, contented with the successful procedure. Walking out of the barn, Terkiey was about to continue towards the Cog when one of the farmers rushes to you, gesturing wildly.
"Sir! Mah daughter, sir, a wooden beam cracked off an' swung at her an' crushed into her an' I think she's injur'd bad! Can yah do anythin' anythin' at all? I know you might not even know, but I'd heard that'a wizard or somefolk was resting here, and I'd..."
The man stopped, panting heavily. Terkiey chuckled grimly in his mind. Someone gets hurt, and he just happens to be there? It was still his choice though. Should he go on or help the girl?
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
---Astral Gorgas---
    "Well, sir, you'd get a payment, what me and the other stores can provide, which should be ample enough. And maybe a discount from a few stores, if you do it."
Astral pondered upon his offer. He really had no idea about what he should do. The hunter deal didn't seem as reliable as the Cog one, but you never knew...
Shrugging, Astral quietly, maybe even awkwardly, bought a map to the Cog using one of his food rations. Walking out of the store while intently studying the map, Astral found that the Cog was in fact directly north from Dar, and that there was, as the man had said, an automatic Roadwerk halfway there. That would definitely speed things up. Astral lingered a few seconds, before realizing that he was completely ready to go right away. Uttering a small grunt of indifference, Astral walked out of town and towards the Roadwerk station. This would get him fairly close to the Cog right off the bat.
---Nikalas--
    Nikalas amused himself by looking at the small section that was beetle runes, before retiring to the small hidey-hole in the back of the library that he used semi-frequently. Spots danced over Nikalas' vision, due to hours of looking at the pages of books. He yawned and slid his hand over his face before throwing himself upon the bedroll. He would wake up come morning, and then head over to the meeting that he had arranged with Nithiri... yes, that would be what he would do... definitely...
---
Nikalas opened his eyes with a jolt. Nightmares again... Nikalas shook his head and blinked a few times. What time was it, and where to?
---Micka Sitchof---
    Micka grew up in the City of Dar, commonly recognized as being a hub of cultural and many other things. The art of Magitech was pioneered in Dar, in one of those rare times where the tinkers and runic scholars got along. Although the art of Magitech was a mere baby of an art compared to it's parents, the Guild of Magitechnicians was born and has been going strong since its creation 13 years ago, pumping out all form of constructions that had been considered near impossible before. Micka's astral sigil was the ant, which gave her a hardworking personality (+stamina).
    Micka's parents were, in fact, close associates of the pioneers of Magitech, and so she picked up the art quite quickly with steadfast instruction from her parents. Although Magitech could work well with both golems and automatons, Micka had always veered towards the golem side of things, learning to meld all sorts of golems, from simple messenger-balls to rock-servants. As a child, working with these semi-sentient golems, Micka began to wonder at the nature of the human mind. This evolved into a strong interest in mind magic and philosophy, something that few people chose to learn. And thus Micka grew up, creating golems and asking questions such as: "What is man?", until her seventeenth year passed.
    At the age of seventeen, Micka's philosophical pondering set their sights on Micka herself. Who was she, and what was she to become? Micka pondered and pondered, eventually coming upon the conclusion that she was whoever she wanted herself to be, and nothing less. This conclusion turned into the immortal spirit of adventure that had graced people for ages, just as it had graced Micka. And so Micka decided to set out, letting her subconscious guide her.
---
alright then, that's done.
Sorry for the lateness, but my literature teacher metaphorically slapped me with a test a day, and I've also discovered some addicting games.

The exp system will work like this: you receive experience when you kill an enemy or do an 'event', I guess you could say. When you 'level up' you get some Health, Magic, and Stamina, and can choose to level up one of your skills. The books are used for leveling up until about 5.00 skill, but they are also useful for discovering new runes and actions that you can do with that skill, other than simple experimentation.

Also, Armok kind of threw a fastball at me with that philosophy skill :P I think I caught it, though. Hard disciple, philosophy.

Also this probably has spelling/grammatical errors as always, so if you wanna tell me I'll correct them. (#lackofproofreading)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2012, 12:43:20 pm »

Internal diamonologue:

What do I want?

Adventure!
That's harder a proper goal!
Uhh, for people to be happy? To grow as a person?
Right, and...
Through adventure!
That's not likely to be the most efficient way to...

... and I RPd myself into a corner halfway though the first post. I can either have her be a selfish/evil jerk, entirely out of character for somone suposed to be intelegent, harwwrking and in a feild promising to help many out a lot, or I can have her resist the call to adventure and do the sensible thing of continuing to work on what makes the world a better place the most efficiently but leads to a rather different type of game.

I'm leaning towards the later, having a less "run around caves and hack monsters to bits" type of adventure and more a "stand around in a lab and hack monsters to existence", simply because that's the thing it actually makes sense for my character to do. But it's obviously not what you had in mind, and I'm not sure the system supports it, so I though I'd ask for permission, and if not for any ideas on how to solve this?

Come to think of it, I can't think of any character gone adventuring story where it wasn't randomly chosen as the only one who could save something important or had a decidedly not-hard-working personality.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2012, 09:10:34 pm »

I fear that I helped you into that corner there, but alas. I'd be fine if you just did the "LAB ADVENTURE! SCIENCE! NEW INVENTIONS!" kind of thing, but it might get a bit repetitive after a while, maybe.

I'd suggest a "ADVENTURING FOR LONG LOST SCIENCE TO MAKE BETTER SCIENCE!" kind of adventurer. So, like Indiana Jones or some such, except you aren't adventuring for idols, you're adventuring for SCIENCE!! I will accommodate this "MUST FIND THE SCIENCE" thing, and I believe I have already (at least a little bit) with the Staff of Amaj-ur story.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2012, 01:29:52 am »

Astral will ride the Roadwerk as close to the Cog as he could, then walk there in a fast but not too questionable pace.
After reaching the Cog, find a memorable location outside to mark up in case things go bad while inside.
Then head inside, looking for the location to set the package off at.

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2012, 12:27:24 pm »

Terkiey will do anything to help out.
Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2012, 01:15:03 pm »

Good!

Hmm, it's be nice to know more about what kinds of specific capabilities the magic I know has: how capable are golems? does mind magic manipulate souls or neurons?

I start on a largeish project: an Introspection Machine. Big furniture-shaped thing with a chair to sit in or a simple wearable circlet depending on what I can make, but probably the former for now. As much as possible detected by mind magic, and feed as the input to a narrowly specialized artificial mind which analyses it, compares it to records, look for trends and oddities, extrapolates and fills in the gaps that couldn't be read, and finaly compresses it. This compressed version is stored (with a timestamp), and also finally fed back into the brain from whence it came formatted to seem like an new external sense.

The compression process plus delay prevents infinite recursion, although finite recursion is both expected and intended.

Also a simple replay function, trigger however magic is usually triggered with a time as input.

Later It'll have a self editing part and a few other things as well but this is made first and tested, and more than enough for a turn.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6