Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adding a metal post generation  (Read 845 times)

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
Adding a metal post generation
« on: February 04, 2012, 11:27:33 am »

If I've embarked on a world which lacks a certain type of metal, is there way to add it in, consider also that I just need ONE bar of it.
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Adding a metal post generation
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 11:31:54 am »

you mean you want one bar of a certain known metal, or one bar of a new metal? The latter is probably not possible.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 11:33:58 am »

I think he means embark, not world. In that case order it from the trade liason and wait  a year for it to arrive. If I am wrong, and you have an entire world without one type of metal (which would be weird) you are out of luck.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 11:34:41 am »

Seriously???? OMG.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 11:37:02 am »

Just a guess, but you have a mood/demand/mandate with someone wanting something that is not aviable ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 11:37:45 am »

You could modify an existing smelting reaction to produce that metal bar instead of whatever else you'd normally get from that action. This "should" work as long as the metal, reactions, and necessary components were part of worldgen (even if they, for some weird reason, don't actually exist in the world).

You can modify reactions and et cetera in existing worlds, but you cannot add new ones without genning a new world.

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 11:40:02 am »

I am playing LFR mod, and i need orichaleum to make precision tools  :'( :'( :'( but it doesnt exist on my embark, or in my world!

can i change the reaction post generation to require somethign else than orichaleum?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 11:47:43 am by simonthedwarf »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 11:44:54 am »

Probably, or you could change the "smelt bronze bars" reaction to use something ridiculously common, like a stone boulder of any type or a bone, and produce an orichalcum bar. Just don't forget to change the reaction back if you want to make bronze bars again.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 11:49:32 am »

you can just make it to spawn orichalcum (here in after refered to as ori) IN ADDITION to the bronze bars. Or remove the ori requirements all together.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 11:55:16 am »

I removed the requirement of ori from the building i needed to build. I hope this works.