Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: Divinity. - Dreams Invaded: 2  (Read 57846 times)

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
Re: Divinity. - Potential Political Allies Visited: 1
« Reply #225 on: August 20, 2013, 03:11:24 pm »

Fine
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divinity. - Necromancers Deposed: 2
« Reply #226 on: March 04, 2015, 04:03:14 am »

You send half of your cultists out into Oyral on the quiet, with the goal of seeking information, supplies and new recruits.  Your shades you send to scout the surrounds for any clues as to the locations of the bandits.  The remaining cultists you arrange as a retinue and decide to visit Sir Don in style.

And style you manage.  You don't go full angel, but you do lower your hood and make your hair and eyes plainly visible.  Approaching the doors of Sir Don's manor, flanked by white-robed cultists, you look very much like a visiting priest of some distinction.  You politely command the guards to allow you to speak to Sir Don, and they hurriedly pull the doors aside.  Within, you see a fat, balding man in fur-lined robes stood before a high chair, frowning over maps and documents on a table before him.  He looks up in some surprise at your arrival.

"Who the hell are you?" he demands.

You are about to introduce yourself when one of your followers chips in, declaiming you saviour of Ferrun, breaker of chains, divinity of the heavens - Lvantha Talaoia.  Sir Don seems less than impressed.

"Oh, I've heard of you.  You're that blasted cultist that got all those slaves killed, aren't you?  Well, you might have these rubes fooled with your alchemical trickery, but I shan't hear any of it!  Get out, and don't come back!"

The guards from the front door approach, quietly but firmly requesting you to leave.  How do you respond?

Name: Lvantha Talaoia
Strength: 15 manpower (+1 Worship)
Mind: 15 menminds (+0 Worship)

Personal Retinue
Followers: 12 cultists
Slaves: -
Servants: 10 shades, 10 greater shades

Ferrun
Followers: 1 priest, 120 spearmen (in training), 31 macemen, 35 archers, 1 armed luxpanap (John)
Slaves: 1 brainwashed spy
Prisoners: -
Servants: -

Holdings: 16r
~20 villages (4 Resources)
1 market town (5 Resources)
1 tin mine (6 Resources)
Slave Gathering (1 Resource) [25 slaves]

Upkeep: 12r
~200 soldiers (4 resources)
Training (5 resources) [120 macemen]
Training (3 resources) [30 swordsmen]

Items:
Mistwalker: +2 vs undead & demons if you wield it.  More effective when a mortal holds it.
Lvantha Medallion: +3 vs undead, +1 vs demons on both mental and physical atacks.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 03:01:25 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divinity. - Potential Political Allies Accidentally Insulted: 1
« Reply #227 on: March 04, 2015, 07:23:57 am »

Wow.  I like this kind of necro :)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 04, 2015, 07:31:48 am »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
*does a happy dance*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 04, 2015, 08:43:48 am »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
*does a happy dance*
It's back. Oh wow. Oh dear. ._.
Oh yay!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 04, 2015, 10:23:34 am »

OMFGAiMDHAWDPaSAIWFTAS-blaaagrrrr!!! Its the best necro ever!!!!!. . . . . wait.. . . . the gm is a necromancer. . . .  hiding as an angel. . . .

Bless him with some of his youth, vigor, and hair, back. . . . maybe that small sign will show him we are who we say we are, and gain him audience. . . . either way, though, we should send our cultist away, before hand, yet stay ourselves.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divinity. - Necromancers Deposed: 2
« Reply #231 on: March 05, 2015, 01:52:25 am »

You gesture to your followers and they make their way out.  You remain in place, despite the urging of the guardsmen and extend your hand towards Sir Don.  Your eyes briefly reassert their true form for a moment, and the ghostly impression of wings appears behind your back - no need to expend too much effort.  Before everybody's eyes, Sir Don's hair begins to grow out again (to a short, black fuzz), his waistline diminishes slightly and the crow's feet around his eyes smooth out.  He looks in shock at his hands, realising the wrinkles within them have faded.

You repeat your name, and assure Sir Don that you are here to help.  He scrutinises you.

"Then perhaps you are what they say.  But what of it?  You failed to help those poor souls in Ferrun.  Saved them from bondage, perhaps, but led them to their deaths.  What would you ask of us?  A similar price?"

You ask him to hold to his oath of vassalage.  You point out to him that his lord is under siege at Ferrybridge, and yet no levy has been sent from Oyral to relieve him.  If he does not trust in you, he should at least cleave to his word.

Sir Don seems troubled by this.  "What you say is true," he admits, "but I might raise at most a thousand or two men from Oyral and its surrounding villages.  It would take far more than that to break the siege, especially against the horrors I have heard Lord Thrane employs.  I bear an oath of duty to my lord, yes, but also to my subjects.  To make the assault with only our forces would simply mean the deaths of thousands of my people, and drawing Thrane's attention to us to enact revenge."

You ask him about the other towns in the region, whether they could help.

"Well, you have to understand that our arrangement is a defensive one.  If we were attacked, certainly they might come to our aid.  Well, might.  But they wouldn't readily supply troops to go abroad.  Lassef may supply troops, but Lord Michael has been notably withdrawn of late.  Fector should supply aid, but the cowards have declared independence to free them of their vassalage.  I daresay you could bring them back into the fold, by words or the sword, either would work.  For Pendan and Surrect, though, I have no idea."

After a little further conversation, you make your farewells and depart.  Your cultists have already arranged accommodation for the thirteen of you, and you spend the night in meditation.  Your cultists report that they were able to find a sympathetic armourer in town who could supply weapons, as well as a pair of potential new recruits.  Your shades report that they were able to track the bandits to an improptu fortificaiton in the woods, but that some sort of ill presence prevented their approach within.

What are your plans now, Lvantha?

Name: Lvantha Talaoia
Strength: 14 manpower (+0 Worship, -1 Youth)
Mind: 15 menminds (+0 Worship)

Personal Retinue
Followers: 12 cultists
Slaves: -
Servants: 10 shades, 10 greater shades

Ferrun
Followers: 1 priest, 120 spearmen (in training), 31 macemen, 35 archers, 1 armed luxpanap (John)
Slaves: 1 brainwashed spy
Prisoners: -
Servants: -

Holdings: 16r
~20 villages (4 Resources)
1 market town (5 Resources)
1 tin mine (6 Resources)
Slave Gathering (1 Resource) [25 slaves]

Upkeep: 12r
~200 soldiers (4 resources)
Training (5 resources) [120 macemen]
Training (3 resources) [30 swordsmen]

Items:
Mistwalker: +2 vs undead & demons if you wield it.  More effective when a mortal holds it.
Lvantha Medallion: +3 vs undead, +1 vs demons on both mental and physical atacks.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 01:51:20 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 06, 2015, 05:14:33 am »

* Tiruin looks at sig.
I am now operating a M-W-F update schedule on the games I run.  Maybe there will be extra updates, but you're guaranteed an update on those days, even if it amounts to "Nothing much happens, you must construct additional pylons."
Awesome. :D

I also forgot in my haste to give Lvantha a suggestion (even if it amounts to 'ensure own motive is not corrupt or may lead to unethical consequences.')

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 06, 2015, 05:26:27 am »

That sig is a filthy lie.  I'll update as and when I can.  Which hopefully should be close to that.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 06, 2015, 08:00:24 pm »

So. I was looking through old forum games to read and I stumble upon the goodness that was Demonhood and I read all of it. I see that some spin-offs have been made and I decide to look at them later. Once I finished reading Demonhood and went back to the main page to see if one of the threads I've subscribed to has updated and what do I find? Divinity! One of the spin-offs of a game I enjoyed reading from years ago is back! In my time! This is good because I have so many things to complain about!

Spoiler: Demonhood Rant (click to show/hide)

tl;dr at the bottom of all this.

Spoiler: Complaints and Worship (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Angelic Necromancy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Children (click to show/hide)

tl;dr:
Start emanating hope and awe just like Krlnkir emanated terror and madness just by speaking to/being near people.
Have people worship us primarily but have them set aside a little time for the gods.
Make awesome weapons.
Create angelic necromancy and call it something other than 'necromancy' or 'angelic necromancy'.
Get pregnant. Get someone pregnant.

EDIT:
For now, let's do this:
Start emanating hope and awe just like Krlnkir emanated terror and madness just by speaking to/being near people.
Recruit the volunteers and create a permanent cult in the city.
Purify the dreams of the inhabitants, focusing on the children.
Ask for strategic locations to found a city.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:04:25 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 06, 2015, 08:37:11 pm »

So. I was looking through old forum games to read and I stumble upon the goodness that was Demonhood and I read all of it. I see that some spin-offs have been made and I decide to look at them later. Once I finished reading Demonhood and went back to the main page to see if one of the threads I've subscribed to are updated and what do I find? Divinity. One of the spin-offs of a game I enjoyed reading from years ago is back! In my time! This is good because I have so many things to complain about!

Spoiler: Demonhood Rant (click to show/hide)

tl;dr at the bottom of all this.

Spoiler: Complaints and Worship (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Angelic Necromancy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Children (click to show/hide)

tl;dr:
Star emanating hope and awe just like Krlnkir emanated terror and madness just by speaking to/being near people.
Have people worship us primarily but have them set aside a little time for the gods.
Make awesome weapons.
Create angelic necromancy and call it something other than 'necromancy' or 'angelic necromancy'.
Get pregnant. Get someone pregnant.

EDIT:
For now, let's do this:
Star emanating hope and awe just like Krlnkir emanated terror and madness just by speaking to/being near people.
Recruit the volunteers and create a permanent cult in the city.
Purify the dreams of the inhabitants, focusing on the children.
Ask for strategic locations to found a city.
+1 to everything this guy says.
If I had one minor thing that bugged me about Demonhood and to a lesser extent this, because it ran for less time, was that we acted too human. We aren't human, we're an angel/were a demon! Act like one! A being of pure good/evil instead of all this ... moral greyness. We make the world black or white in our image!
Sig! Onol

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 06, 2015, 09:09:01 pm »

I forgot to mention it in my previous post, but the sword we use would be capable of channelling our mind powers and converting them into physical powers, which is something we're unable to do in our present state, I think.

Add Heroes and Luxpanapi to the glossary. Heroes aren't in the Demonhood, Divinity, or Humanity glossaries, and Humanity focuses on a hero! I have no idea how heroes work and it might help in making our sword.

I've also done a bit of thought and I think we should just straight-up conquer these neutral cities. It's kind of our duty as an angel. At the moment, they're ruled by fickle and thoughtless leaders and crime...well, it exists. In Demonhood, conquered settlements became entirely evil without even a speck of good, so doing the opposite and making conquered settlements entirely good should theoretically be possible as well. This is for later, once we get more powerful and corrupt purify(?) some villages. (Am I correct in using purify as the antonym of corrupt?)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 06, 2015, 09:14:40 pm »

I think so, though it has more of a connotation of direct blazing conversion rather than the subtlety of corruption.
Sig! Onol

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 06, 2015, 09:21:24 pm »

I think so, though it has more of a connotation of direct blazing conversion rather than the subtlety of corruption.
Yes! Perfect! Even greater parallels with demons!

Also, this is nitpicky to an extreme, but I don't really like Lvantha as an angel name. That has 5 consonants (4 if you count 'th' as one) and only two vowels. (Just thought of this now ->) This could explain why our passive awe/hope powers are weaker than Krlnkir's! He has a much higher consonant:vowel ratio which enhances his demonic visage! We need to come up with a new name. Anyone have any ideas? Here's mine: Liviniaya

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 06, 2015, 09:38:10 pm »

The demon's name was actually Krlnkr Yrlvnt, so even less vowels.
Hmm. Do we need to sound all demonic though? If anything we could give ourselves a title that's nearly nothing but vowels - our name's pretty alright as it is.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22