Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: Divinity. - Dreams Invaded: 2  (Read 57857 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Divinity. - Necromancers Deposed: One.
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2012, 06:27:51 pm »

possibly. but not all that a human values is "good" in another humans eyes.
I can openly say that i am not opposed to torture, but the use of arms to do do so is a forbidden territory.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2012, 06:34:03 pm »

The way I see it, is law and chaos.

Angels uphold the law, and demons oppose it. A human's values are mostly neutral, some being evil, and going towards chaos, while some may be good, and hold the law. Some may be truely neutral, and they can hold the law, for the simple virtue of there being law, although they take no passion in upholding it.

Basically, I prefer the difference of law and chaos, instead of good and evil.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2012, 06:46:55 pm »

. . . . . . . right.

So, to bring us back on topic, What are we doing for this? I will reiterate what I said for conversation starters purposes:

lets use the Shades (not the greater) to gather information from the guards and areas around the market. We ourselves should camp outside and give the solders a couple of days to do what they can while we find out what else is around. See if we can find out about any interesting areas that should be avoided, or that might hide some rebels to draw to use. Or even the influence of Thrane in the area.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2012, 06:56:29 pm »

No point in beating around the bush, or using ghosts. most humans are fairly superstitious and a mere a sight of an angel and they will have their heads bowed in prayer.

If we are to save them, we have to do it openly, with their approval. Only evil is insidious.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2012, 06:58:12 pm »

Is there actually any reason to believe "good" is actually aligned with human values and well being in any other way than by opposing "evil"?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And with that, let's table the discussion on values - I hardly saw this much debate over Krnklt's deeds!  I'd like suggestions please.  =P

Edit: Ninja'd!  Keep the suggestions up! :D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 07:08:34 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2012, 07:00:39 pm »

True. We still have to be careful though. A mans mind is easy to corrupt, so we should keep our ghosts around us, but at the same time, we should keep them in check.

Enter the town, ghosts invisibly following us, we should march to the place of worship, to check the faith in this town. If we cannot find any faith, go to the keep itself.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2012, 07:05:27 pm »

No point in beating around the bush, or using ghosts. most humans are fairly superstitious and a mere a sight of an angel and they will have their heads bowed in prayer.

If we are to save them, we have to do it openly, with their approval. Only evil is insidious.

I did mean have them do so invisibly. No need to rush into the cave to find out there is a be-
True. We still have to be careful though. A mans mind is easy to corrupt, so we should keep our ghosts around us, but at the same time, we should keep them in check.

Enter the town, ghosts invisibly following us, we should march to the place of worship, to check the faith in this town. If we cannot find any faith, go to the keep itself.
Actually. . . . can we send the ghosts ahead to make sure we don't walk in on a possibly bad situation, while having the Great ghosts follow us?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2012, 07:06:51 pm »

I propose:

1) Disguise as a human
2) Go to the temple, probably local priest isn't faithful enough
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2012, 07:10:43 pm »

I propose:

1) Disguise as a human

Good proposal.
+1.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2012, 07:17:33 pm »

I have to admit, it is a good plan. But I still prefer the scout, pillage gather, burn expand method.

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2012, 07:41:42 pm »

And with that, let's table the discussion on values - I hardly saw this much debate over Krnklt's deeds!  I'd like suggestions please.  =P

I'd propose this is due to the differing natures of the subject matter.
the Demonhood thread's character is chaotic evil as well as a force unto himself, and as such does as he pleases.

where this threads character is a SERVANT of the gods and a being of Law and/or Order and must follow "the rules" and so we must discuss not only whether we CAN do something but also whether we SHOULD do it as well.

on that note
1) Disguise as a human

+1

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2012, 07:50:24 pm »

I'd propose this is due to the differing natures of the subject matter.
the Demonhood thread's character is chaotic evil as well as a force unto himself, and as such does as he pleases.

where this threads character is a SERVANT of the gods and a being of Law and/or Order and must follow "the rules" and so we must discuss not only whether we CAN do something but also whether we SHOULD do it as well.

Well said. Though I am not that far in Deamonhood, yet. I will run across it by tomorrow.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2012, 09:08:02 pm »

1) Disguise as a human
Also we can do:
3) Try to seduce him, to test his faith
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2012, 09:19:21 pm »

1) Disguise as a human
Also we can do:
seduction is beneath an angel of the gods. Lets 'convince' someone else to do it.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2012, 09:33:13 pm »

1) Disguise as a human
Yes, this.

Also we can do:
Hmmm. Look, the man is in a town ruled by a necromancer. It shouldn't be hard to figure out if he is faithful or not. We probably won't need to test his faith in this manner.
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22