Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: Divinity. - Dreams Invaded: 2  (Read 57797 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divinity. - Potential Political Allies Accidentally Insulted: 1
« Reply #285 on: March 12, 2015, 04:54:44 pm »

If your statement is calculated to remind me to update, you are correct!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 12, 2015, 10:36:01 pm »

Hooray!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 13, 2015, 02:06:09 am »

Angels get powah from purging evil people and demons get powah from eating good, neutral, and evil people. I'm guessing this is balanced by having purges give more powah than consumption. Is my guess correct?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 13, 2015, 02:08:50 am »

Isn't that kind of agiven? We're angels born of good and personifying good, therefore we'll do good. The concept of 'good' isn't really superficial in this setting seeing as both good and evil create very physical manifestations of themselves in the forms of angels and demons.
Yes but, we need something to last past our age and origin--specifically, creating a culture and attitude revolving around these notions which keep order and peace, and equality and all other ideas for generations to come. It's the stuff that makes the Golden Ages! :D

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 13, 2015, 02:17:10 am »

Isn't that kind of agiven? We're angels born of good and personifying good, therefore we'll do good. The concept of 'good' isn't really superficial in this setting seeing as both good and evil create very physical manifestations of themselves in the forms of angels and demons.
Yes but, we need something to last past our age and origin--specifically, creating a culture and attitude revolving around these notions which keep order and peace, and equality and all other ideas for generations to come. It's the stuff that makes the Golden Ages! :D
That's what I meant. We're an angel so we'll do good and the good will do will cover those things you talked about and will last through the ages so long as we stick with it for long enough. :) Peace, order, and equality for all*!

*Except for those dirty peasants. Don't know what to do with peace, order, and equality, those savages.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 13, 2015, 02:28:19 am »

All people are equal!
It's just that we're more equal than everyone else.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 13, 2015, 05:24:57 pm »

You aren't sure how effective your shades are at dream manipulation, but you give them commands to visit the dreams of children and lure them to your cause.  You head back into Lord Michael's dream yourself.

Lord Michael ran and ran, but the boys kept chasing him.  Through muddy fields and pools of dank water and blood, they chased without end.  Up ahead, he saw something unfamiliar, something that should not be there - a cottage of bright sandstone with a white tiled roof, stark against the dull and dark surrounds.  The white oak door was open and a young woman was beckoning furiously to him.  Michael ran for the house and made it through the door just before his sons caught up to him - the door slammed shut behind.

The cottage was simple, but immaculately clean.  A fireplace along one wall, a pair of comfortable chairs, no sign of any bed, cooking utensils or anything else that should exist in a real cottage.  The smiling, silver-haired woman sat and gestured for him to sit as well.  When he did, she began to speak.

You create a safe place in Lord Michael's dream and speak with him in the guise of a silver-haired woman, rather than your angelic form.  You ask him about the figures beyond; he reveals as you might expect that the three who chase him are his fallen sons.  Behind them, his liege Lord White lashes them on.  He goes on to explain how he has always served as a loyal vassal to Lord White, even after the Mughai Empire broke apart and White became a sovereign ruler.  Yet in the last five years he had fought three wars, one defensive, two offensive, and in them he had lost each of his sons and his wife.  He is tired of war, wracked with grief, and cannot stand to respond to the summons of a man who has resulted in such grief to him.  The realm is broken, and may remain so for decades.  Why fight, when all it will bring is ruin?  Another war might take from him his daughter also, the last child he has to his name.

You thank him for his time and gesture to a bed that was not there before; he may rest there for tonight, and the remainder of the night he will suffer no dreams.  Michael thanks you for the kidness and lays down on the cottage bed - the dream world around you collapses and you return to your body.

To your relief, the shades report an overall success.  They manage to infiltrate the dreams of the children in the guise of kindly spirits rather than horrifying shades, and speak to them, promising the coming of the angel Lvantha Talaoia.

Time to deal with business, then.  You mentally contact John, Aloe and Marrham (who was sleeping, but whom you wake).  John and Aloe offer you brief reports; John informs you that training of the soldiers in Ferrun is complete.  You now have 121 macemen, 30 moderately armoured swordsmen, 35 archers and himself at your command, as well as that one soldier you brainwashed.  He has essentially been acting like a slave, not taking initiative of his own but performing any orders John gives him in your name.  Aloe informs you that the mine is working at a decent rate of production now, and seems to be stable.  More men and any technical assistance could help increase its production in future, though.

Marrham is annoyed that you woke him and reminds you that you don't run the town - he does.  Things are fine, and will run even better when your private army moves on their way.

You don't have a really strong cult presence in Ferrun, but you have John acquire one of the tin amulets your lukewarm supporters sometimes have and use him as a conduit to bless it - this is rather inefficient, and a lot of the power you put through the connection is lost, but you enchant the amulet to allow you to communicate with the wearer and vice versa.  You'll need to train the wearer to use it as you use your own medallion.  John promises to hold onto it for now and give it to someone who shows exceptional faith in you.  You order him to gather the troops, head to Farrowford (taking care to avoid Ferrybridge and any armies or trouble along the way) and gather any refugees they can as well - his orders are to settle the town, and proselytise along the way.  You give orders to Aloe to arm herself and meet the army, travelling with them.  With no functioning roads, it will take them a month to reach Farrowford.

With your basic affairs sorted, you gather the sixteen shades you have at hand and investigate the bandit camp.  You fly high, your shades invisible, moving over the forest to get a clear look.

You get fairly close to the clearing in which the bandits have built their fort, using cloud as a cover against visibility, when the sense of prohibition hits you.  It feels like a wall composed entirely of no.  You study the fort layout - palisade walls, a couple of guard towers at the north and south, lots of tents and some practice areas for fighting - and a little cobbled-together shrine to Slask, god of Forest, Violence and Murder.  Mrgh.  They have a priest down there, and he's warded the camp against you the same way one might ward against the undead.  You can sense that the closer you get the more uncomfortable you will feel, with proximity weakening and even outright harming you.  It's a fair bet the bandits have their weapons cursed too.

What do you do?

Name: Lvantha Talaoia
Strength: 14 manpower (+0 Worship)
Mind: 14 menminds (+0 Worship, -1 Amulet Blessing)

Personal Retinue
Followers: 15 cultists (Cult of the Winged Lady, Anarchic Organisation)
Slaves: -
Servants: 10 shades, 10 greater shades

Ferrun
Neutral: Marrham, luxpanap Mayor

Refugee Army
Followers: 1 priest, 121 macemen, 31 swordsmen, 35 archers, 2 armed luxpanapi (John, Aloe)
Slaves: 1 brainwashed spy
Prisoners: -
Servants: -

Holdings: 16r
~20 villages (4 Resources)
1 market town (5 Resources)
1 tin mine (6 Resources) [Aloe, a luxpanap, manager of Stworca's Hamlet]
Slave Gathering (1 Resource) [25 slaves]

Upkeep: 5r
~150 light infantry (3 resources)
~50 medium infantry (2 resources)

Items:
Mistwalker: +2 vs undead & demons if you wield it.  More effective when a mortal holds it.
Lvantha Medallion: +3 vs undead, +1 vs demons on both mental and physical atacks.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 01:50:31 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 13, 2015, 06:32:52 pm »

In Demonhood, a priest checked our daughter's mother when she was pregnant to check for demonic presence. He found nothing because one of our followers desecrated his shrine so the gods abandoned him. I think we can do the same here.

Get a bow and some arrows from the town we were just in.

Find a suitably large rock and drop it on the shrine from the air. It's to a god of forests so chances are it's an open-air shrine. After that, kill the priest first. Have the shades only target the archers. Once we purge the archers, kill or incapacitate the melee troops from the air with our bow.

I thought the market town mentioned in our holdings was Ferrun. My bad.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 13, 2015, 06:36:27 pm »

In Demonhood, a priest checked our daughter's mother when she was pregnant to check for demonic presence. He found nothing because one of our followers desecrated his shrine so the gods abandoned him. I think we can do the same here.

Find a suitably large rock and drop it on the shrine from the air. It's to a god of forests so chances are it's an open-air shrine. After that, kill the priest first. Have the shades only target the archers. Once we purge the archers, kill or incapacitate the melee troops from the air with our bow.

+1. We should have 2 shades stalking the priest just in case.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 13, 2015, 06:37:53 pm »

+1. We should have 2 shades stalking the priest just in case.
They can't because of the ward.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 06:39:28 pm by Andres »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 13, 2015, 07:22:59 pm »

The market town is Ferrun.  Ferrun gives us a tithe of 20% of its resource production in honour of the services we did them, and supplied us 50 spearmen (now retrained to macemen) but they are autonomous.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 13, 2015, 07:34:05 pm »

But the villages and the mine, that's all ours right?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 13, 2015, 07:48:27 pm »

Mine is.  Villages are connected to Ferrun (except for Fere's Pike), so they are all contributing a fifth of their production as well.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 13, 2015, 08:17:34 pm »

Can we get some of our power back by taking away Marrham's luxpanap powers?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 13, 2015, 10:16:48 pm »

Can we get some of our power back by taking away Marrham's luxpanap powers?
I doubt we can, though, the fact that we can communicate with the Luxpanaps hint to the ability to. My question, though, is why you want to?

I love the plan, I really do, but I want to modify it a bit so it is not just 13 of us fighting 30+ at a disadvantage.
But, for the addition to be viable, I will need to know how long it would take to back ourselves up with 50 macemen, 10 swordsmen, and 15 archers. Of which will distract while we work on the desecration of the temple. Distract with a view to capture, of course. we do need to eat. . . . . and why don't we get any food from our worshipers. they worship us, right. . . . shouldnt we get. . . you know, stronger?
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22