Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Utilizing scales and feathers  (Read 3251 times)

nutzy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Utilizing scales and feathers
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 04:15:50 am »

Oops

Thanks for the correction.

muxecoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 12:49:27 pm »

You can add [EDIBLE_VERMIN] to cartilage, but that would take even longer than rotting... maybe forever. Atom smashing is always best for this garbage, though.

Scale leather shouldn't act any more like scale than normal leather acts like skin.
I think I have seen mods where people have made special leather material templates for scale leather and/or chitin leather, but that is more complicated and you have to screw around with body detail plan raws.
I thought that atom smashing and quantum stockpiling are cheats too. :P

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 01:55:45 pm »

Those are exploits, not cheats.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 05:31:54 pm »

Hair, scales and feathers are currently only useless by-products. Nothing can be made out of them, not even artifacts.

Hair is spun into thread at the farmer's workshop.  With most creatures, the hair will only be used in the hospital for suturing, but hair from animals like sheep, llamas and trolls give you yarn which can be woven into cloth.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Aramara Meibi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 11:50:38 pm »

Hair, scales and feathers are currently only useless by-products. Nothing can be made out of them, not even artifacts.

Hair is spun into thread at the farmer's workshop.  With most creatures, the hair will only be used in the hospital for suturing, but hair from animals like sheep, llamas and trolls give you yarn which can be woven into cloth.

i know goblins make clothes from troll fur, but how do my dwarves get their grubby little hands on the stuff? can you butcher troll corpses for it?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 08:50:02 am »

i know goblins make clothes from troll fur, but how do my dwarves get their grubby little hands on the stuff? can you butcher troll corpses for it?

You can't, because trolls are intelligent and the default dwarven ethics don't let you butcher intelligent creatures.  Goblins keep trolls as slaves and domestic animals, so they can.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
Pages: 1 [2]