Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Roll to be a Pokemon Master!  (Read 7187 times)

johnalex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Pokemon Master!
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 06:49:48 pm »

People in

freeformschooler
Name: Joshua Birmingham
Three training techniques:
-Punishment after failures
-Tough love
-Focusing on one Pokemon at a time
Something specific: Scientific knowledge

lostcosmonaut
Name: Linus Fox
Techniques:
Multiple Types
Evenly Leveling Entire Team
Small Usage of Items
Something Specific: Good at cooking

superior tomato
Name: Thomas Fletcher
Three training techniques:
-Synergy training
-Agility training
-Using the environment
Something specific: Doctoring

anailater
Name:John Klinks
Training techniques:
Reward for success.
Enviroment usage.
Rare Candy.
Somthung specific: An astronaut.

dear superior:  if its in serebii, its in

you start from being a tiny lil boy/girl/strange mixture of the two (I refuse to discriminate!) without any pokemon.  I'll chose what Prof Palm has for you.

Also, I realized I asked you for a name and you all passed the being able to read test, but likely I'll forget.  I think of -you- as the trainer and not some kid named thomas or linus or whatnot.  So, if I say freeform, you Pikachu got its leg stuck please don't punch me through the internet.  However, if this really distracts you from the game, please punch me through the internet.

Its your last morning in for  breakfast before you become a trainer!  Welcome to Pogo Town!  From here you will begin your journeys as Pokemon masters and whatnot, it'll be sweet.  You feel your knowledge of mathematics and eng-japanese grammar float from your ears wistfully; you feel light as a butterfree.  In the interest of getting shtuff started, whats the last thing you do in town before you get to the professors house and get your pokemon/pokedex?  I don't want to bore you senseless, running around -without- Pokemon.  So lets have a lot of fun... and catch 'em all!

LostCosmonaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 07:26:10 pm »

Acquire money.
Also, learn how to climb up small ledges.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 08:51:18 am by LostCosmonaut »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 07:44:45 pm »

Find a rival to emote over not being as good as for 100 episodes.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 08:11:11 pm »

Learn how to breakdance..........

I'ts better than nothing.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 02:19:50 am »

Learn parkour in the space of 5 minutes!
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

johnalex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 04:29:07 pm »

Okay, here ya go!

LostCos, you tried to do two things, so I gave you a -1 for each... you should know that there is only enough time for 1 lil thing per episode.
-Acquire Money:  6-1=5; you now have 50 Pokemoney you found under your bed.  Congrats!
-learn small ledge climbing:  4-1=3; you try to climb several small ledges, with some difficulty.  You find it much easier to climb them from North to South than South to North though, oddly enough.  You gain +1 to Ledge Climbing

Freeform
-Find a Rival to lose to:  2; you search for a rival, but you just find a “Rock” instead.  So far, its won every imaginary battle you've had with it.

Anail
-Breakdance lessons:  2; you learn how  to tango instead, its better than nothing.

SuperiorTomato
-Parkour in 5 minutes:  4; After 5 minutes of butchering your face on the ground, you become thankful your mother is so good at doctoring.  She patches you up in time for Prof. Palm's house and gives you a backup “Potion” for your Pokemon in case you accidentally smash your face into them as well.

After all this you go to Prof. Palm's.  He talk about the importance of Pokemon and training and friendship and all that stuff.  Then he pulls out the Pokemon.  Choose wisely, also first come, first serve.  Its not fair, but its more efficient than rolling and getting turns and such.  I made 6 of them for  you, so it shouldn't be too difficult.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now seems like a good time for each of you to make your profile  --->  nvm, listening to freeform
Essentially, in a spoiler, have your character with traits, mommy specific, and all items/+'s you've gained thus far and then in a spoiler in the spoiler show their pokemon.  You can copypasta this into a word document and post it each time so we don't forget stuff as games with lots of sub-characters can get tedious to keep up with.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 05:06:34 pm by johnalex »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 04:36:56 pm »

Corphish!

Johnalex, just a tip: generally, the GM (you) handles creating and keeping track of player profiles in RTDs. If each player is tasked with creating a profile and updating it each turn, it can become easier for mistakes to happen, and detracts from what players want to do: play.

For an example, in my RTD I:
-Post and update the character profiles ("stat blocks") in spoilers at the end of each update so I can error-check against past updates
-Keep the whole list of profiles in the first post as well for easy reference.

Also, you can't do spoilers in spoilers.

johnalex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2012, 05:06:55 pm »

(okay freeform, will update after monsters selected)

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 01:20:05 am »

I had to look up some of these newfangled Pokemon.
I feel old.
Pawniard, I think.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 11:18:55 am by Superior_Tomato »
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 05:49:37 am »

Ill have a drillbur and tango with it!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

LostCosmonaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 10:40:44 am »

I'll take Nidoran (I also need to look up some of these new ones).

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2012, 01:14:49 pm »

Dalekun Gryphon, "Rival"
Description: After traveling for a long time, arriving here from foreign lands, I've noticed these young hopefuls. I've decided to follow their adventures and occasionally challenge them to insure they are progressing adequately.

That and I REALLY enjoy beating up on children.

Core Team:
Skelfish, Boatforged, Unicron

(Don't want to be a regular player, just want the option of challenging the existing players whenever I feel like it. ;) )

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2012, 01:20:37 pm »

I like Gryph's idea. We can have some who's always better due to being older and more experienced. Still, it's your call johnalex.

johnalex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2012, 04:38:53 pm »

Freeformschooler
lostcosmonaut
superior tomato
anailater

"Good choices everyone!" says professor Palm followed by an irritatingly cute discussion about Pokemon's feelings and trainer's love etc etc.  After passing around tissues, Prof. Palm decides its time for you to battle one another, so you'll be okay when facing Pokemon in the wild.  "Freeform, you fight superiortomato while lostcos and anailater duel it out with their Pokemon."  Pokemon battle time go!  "Let's do go outside though!"  Outside it is mostly grassy with a small pond and two tall trees.

(In battles, you'll  instruct your pokemon in maneuvers, and they'll react depending on their personality and your rolls.  Different battles will have different standards for victory, but this is simply a duel;  The battles will last until 3 major hits are sustained TOTAL, with healed hits not counting towards the total.  The battle will last til all 3 hits are made for those of you who have means of healing - I see you potion guy - otherwise it'll stop at 2/3.  2 minor hits = a major hit for this battle.  Give your calls for your pokemon whenever, you'll usually not be battling each other anyhow, so it really won't matter this round... this is mostly to work out the kinks in the battling anyhow, so it should be nice and super short.)

To GlyphGryph and all interested:

Also, new pokemon.... I used random.org to like 647 or whatever and picked the first version of 6 of them that didn't seem too crazy.  I'm not familiar with them all either.  Drillbur seems pretty cool/cute though, eh?  And those always are the most personable.  Glad to see a nidoran though, .... ah, the old days!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 04:40:59 pm by johnalex »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2012, 06:56:11 pm »

Joshua sends out Corphish and tells it to dodge any oncoming attacks and counter with Bubble if it can!
Pages: 1 [2] 3