Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Population cap in the init.txt file not working properly  (Read 696 times)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
Population cap in the init.txt file not working properly
« on: February 21, 2008, 06:42:00 pm »

The population cap in the init file doesn't appear to work correctly. If set to 0, another immigrant still comes in.

Edit: Elaberation

On ajusting the Init.txt file with df closed to set population cap to 0, starting df, starting a new fortress, running it, one new dwarf still shows up.

[ February 21, 2008: Message edited by: Kogan Loloklam ]

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

reaver456

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Population cap in the init.txt file not working properly
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 02:07:16 am »

Ya its bugged I set my population to 100 had 110 dwarves. THen got a wave of immigration that brought it to like 118 then got another wave of immigration and now im at 126. It does not work properly

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Population cap in the init.txt file not working properly
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 11:01:53 am »

The population cap only seems to be checked when the Dwarven caravan visits - if they see that you're 1 Dwarf below your population cap, then they'll start sending waves of 1 migrant each until they finally visit you at full population and decide you don't need any more.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.