Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress on an Android E-Reader Tablet?  (Read 9753 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress on an Android E-Reader Tablet?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 03:48:21 am »

I've been trying to find a java telnet applett imbedded into a webpage so i could attempt playing Dwarf fortress on my kindla, it would be VERY freaking slow and unstable, but awesome nevertheless.
Dungeon crawl would work better through telnet, but once again i can't find an applett embedded into a webpage, i guess i'll have to do it the hard way and jailbreak the kindle and run something straight through the os.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 11:18:33 pm »

My real question about jailbreaking is this.

it is not illegal, it just voids your warranty.
it unlocks features CODED ONTO THE PHONE.
it allows you to do things you should be able to do anyways.

then, why do phones have the restrictions anyways?

Bobbias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 12:27:00 am »

Because the company sees the final product as their intellectual property, and they want to control how you use it. It's a remnant of the outdated mode of thinking that refuses to acknowledge that things have changed and now end users aren't just concerned with using something for the task it was built, but for any task it may be capable of.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 01:16:50 am »

Because the company sees the final product as their intellectual property, and they want to control how you use it. It's a remnant of the outdated mode of thinking that refuses to acknowledge that things have changed and now end users aren't just concerned with using something for the task it was built, but for any task it may be capable of.

im suspiciously reminded of SOPA and ACTA....... oh derp, thats why. they are desperate attempts by these people to hold on to the 'old ways' of technology... well bitches, wake up and smell the megabytes...

Bobbias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 03:29:48 am »

im suspiciously reminded of SOPA and ACTA....... oh derp, thats why. they are desperate attempts by these people to hold on to the 'old ways' of technology... well bitches, wake up and smell the megabytes...

Yep, the digital revolution has finally arrived and they're too set on their old dieing ways to realize just how much profit they could be in for if they could actually modernize. Think about it, if say, google, had started out as a multi-billion dollar corporation right off, but with the same original product, you could almost guarantee that they would basically own the internet by now (not that they aren't well on the way already lol).

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 05:32:53 pm »

Yep, the digital revolution has finally arrived and they're too set on their old dieing ways to realize just how much profit they could be in for if they could actually modernize. Think about it, if say, google, had started out as a multi-billion dollar corporation right off, but with the same original product, you could almost guarantee that they would basically own the internet by now (not that they aren't well on the way already lol).

im pretty damn cool with some corporations, just the ones like EA, apple and the makers of CoD and such... the greedy ones. i dont like them.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 05:55:39 pm »

Ach forget this post

Editness and stuff.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 05:57:13 pm by Loud Whispers »

Bobbias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 05:57:15 pm »

Ach forget this post

Editness and stuff.

You ninja edit'd me, lol. I was going to quote your original post and got this when I hit quote.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 06:02:36 pm »

Ach forget this post

Editness and stuff.

You ninja edit'd me, lol. I was going to quote your original post and got this when I hit quote.

OP was based off a literal read... Forgot to slacken internet grammar standards :P

becuz g00d grammer is liek tish and stuff and alwalys mekes ppl confus.

Bobbias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2012, 06:10:26 pm »

Ach forget this post

Editness and stuff.

OP was based off a literal read... Forgot to slacken internet grammar standards :P

becuz g00d grammer is liek tish and stuff and alwalys mekes ppl confus.

Lol, yeah, but some people are not native english speakers, too, and that can cause problems.
Pages: 1 [2]