Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: zombies/re-animation  (Read 984 times)

Antonater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
zombies/re-animation
« on: February 03, 2012, 11:14:39 am »

"and tried to figure out why certain animated corpses are still managing to bleed to death."

Is there any chance that instead of bringing everything back to life(which is what it sounds like) it re-animaty events/stuff/places
that some things just dont? not a huge amount, just afew bits randomly, like for instance 1 out of ten zombie bits(whether hand or whole person) dying of bloodloss after a while would actually add to the game i think(like proper zombie films were zombies are bound by physical limitations) i know theres magic involved though. i guess thhis might be part of the combat re-write?

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
Re: zombies/re-animation
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 09:59:41 am »

Zombies and AO's still should bleed out.  Just not blood.  Can't we just imagine a putrescent green glow surrounding their animated parts, in place of blood, oozing away, as damage over time effects took their toll?

I hope every bit of chopped off appendage, isn't animated, too.  Antonater, maybe other zombies could nibble off stuff from time to time, or a deadline for the inevitable stillness in that object would return. 

Animated forever, does leave the door wide open for a pitched battle with other immortals, wouldn't it?  Elves and Gods wouldn't like that much.

Sincerely, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.