Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wrasslin' How-to  (Read 4991 times)

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wrasslin' How-to
« on: February 02, 2012, 06:43:17 pm »

Okay so, I understand combat fairly well. Sharp weapon hits hand. Hand comes off. I regularly dismember enemies to death, instead of going for body shots cause it's funny. Well here recently, It occured to me that an awesome wrestler would just break his enemies bones into a pile of goop and it would be amazing.

Every wrestler I've tried has died horribly and without mercy. I just don't get it. Do I grab their upper body with my left upper arm? Or their right third toe with my left upper leg? How does that even work? Bones don't bend like that. And when I do choose a random Twister-level body part ansemble, they always dodge or it misses or they decide to just stop being hugged.

tl;dr..  Wrestling, wat do?
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wrasslin' How-to
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 07:32:09 pm »

Well, first off you need some wrestling experience, which is very easy to get. Find a groundhog or something equally non threatening, and play around with grabbing body parts with your hands. Yes, hands, you'll have to put your weapon or shield away to wrestle properly.

With some experience under your belt, you can grab enemy limbs with your hands, which will give options based on what part you grab. Grabbing the head allows for the gouging out of their eyes, grabbing a hand will let you lock and break a wrist, and so on. Just experiment a little. Oh, and have FUN

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 08:40:56 pm »

Throat with one hand. Throw.
Head with the other.
Choke it if it gets defiant, and hurt it every other moment.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 02:21:10 am »

How do you wrestle away weapons?  I tried taking knives away from night creatures before with...mixed results...
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 02:56:17 am »

Try grabbing the weapon with a hand, press I, and pick the item. Or just grab their hand with your hand and lock/break it so they drop it.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 05:20:01 am »

To clarify:

{Vanilla}
[If against Bandits!]
Get a weapon or something deadly, sharpened rocks maybe, and sneak + throw to disable or kill most of them. When they start falling to the ground and squealing in pain. 'C'hange combat to 'close combat' and attack. You will be breaking everything, appendages and all, of your target. Aim for the wrists/hands first, so they will drop their weapon.

If you're lucky, you may end up with a throw, launching your foe in the air! Sometimes...this can lead to their corpse being located ~3 or so screens away. Trust me, even same size creatures can do this.

[If against larger creatures]
Disable by striking the feet with a weapon [fists won't do unless you have good unarmed skill, most larger creatures kill unarmed smaller creatures. I.e. you.] then getting your enemy to a 'pain' or sitting position.

Keep it unconscious if possible, most attacks will be 'adjust grappling position'. This means MORE EXP for your wrestler!

[If against...weak animals]
Just do the above  :D

Also, on getting weapons/armor from anyone else, you should have ANY HAND FREE (Either hand will do). Nothing in that hand! You can then grapple it from the enemy and maybe throw it back at them.

I've dueled with a peasant, grabbed his clothes off him and threw them back at him point blank. A sock broke his skull, a rope reed sock.

To the above, choking helps but it doesn't get exp that fast. Breaking everything won't instantly kill your target, they will slowly bleed out.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 01:42:34 pm »

pinching is great as you can crush a mans head with your bare hands.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 03:59:23 pm »

Grab, attack same square, become legendary wrestler, do fancy throwing.

MagmaSolutionsInc

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes elves for their screaming, bubbling noises.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 08:40:53 pm »

Find a groundhog or something equally non threatening, and play around with grabbing body parts with your hands.

Beware Kittens.
stopped zombie cats from adopting dwarves

... with magma.

Clockwise Onions

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 02:07:21 am »

Grabbing stuff off of night creatures usually ends in getting stabbed in the face for me. If I feel like wrestling, I keep a shield in one hand to block stuff, find a bandit or an animal, switch to close combat, and grab and release it over and over. If it's a dangerous creature I'll try to strangle it first. Starting out with wrestling by attempting to wrestle yaks was probably one of the dumber things I have done in adventure mode. Strangling turkeys or badgers is a much better idea. Anything smaller tends to get tossed pretty far if you throw it and then it gets away.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 05:50:51 am »

Small tip, many civilians/nobles or Night Monsters are armed with daggers.

They are as useful as you'd expect them to be in real life against a wrestler.

But...no armor eh?

sobriquet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 12:39:16 pm »

Night creatures you can't lock-- they're floppy.  you have to scratch with your fingers and make them bleed out.  To grab a weapon: get a knockdown (charge if you're bigger), then grab the weapon and try to move away.  Works sometimes.  As it is, they never pick up another weapon.  Easy to kill em then.

Pawel1997PL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 05:36:09 pm »

Grab throat --> Pinch thoat.
Grab head --> Choke. (Or trow for extra badassnes)
Grab limb --> Lock it and break it.

Trowing can have some nice splattery efects if youre good enough.
To take a weapon out of the enemies hands, grab it and (I)nteract whit it and take it, some times moving helps too.
And remember dont just wrestle, kicking punching and scratching helps a lot.

Darkfyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 06:50:07 pm »

I think wrestling gets a buff in the next patch, iirc.
A gem-encrusted sock is perfect for ass-kicking.

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 06:15:38 pm »

This is all pretty helpful. I've gotten fairly good at breaking people to pieces... but only if it's 1 on 1. If ther'e more than one, and since I usually can't find a full suit of armor, I end up with a few extra holes and a lot less blood [and limbs]. The first time I thought I was getting the hang of it, I walked into a camp that had atleast 20 people in it, mixed humans and elves, and I managed to grab someone's arm before 5 pages of ass whooping told me I was deceased.
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.
Pages: [1] 2