Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Circus help  (Read 1054 times)

ninjabear53

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Circus help
« on: February 03, 2012, 02:04:59 pm »

So i broke threw it and i need help it is at least.....70 Z levels down and i want to kill them. they are in my favorite best fortress and i have left it till i fully decided how to handle them.  i think after reading some post on here i could cave in them to death but i dont know if i could break threw the last floor just before the opening. the tent top they are coming from is about 2x2 and some already got into my fortress. this being really one of my first forts, the stairs leading down to the carvern is about 1x4-6-8 (still nood). if the cave in was high enough will it break there the last floor right above them so i dont have to do it and risk them attacking?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 03:59:15 pm by ninjabear53 »

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Circus help
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 02:15:39 pm »

...Sentence breaks help other people comprehend what you want to say.

Anyway, it's basically impossible to cave-in anything into Hell itself, since you can't cave anything in through semi-molten rock and the adamantine tubes rarely have a straight vertical shot down all the way. Even if they do, most people who unexpectedly break into their center usually haven't cleared all the walls around that open core, and those walls would block any cave-ins, too. Killing the demons with a cave-in usually means luring them into a long, twisty hallway where you can actually access the whole area above it, then dropping something on them while they're trying to get through. Cave-ins do not gather additional energy from falling larger distances. They punch through any floors that are in their way, but any wall will block them. If a 1-z cave-in would punch through it, so would a 100-z, and if a 1-z wouldn't, neither would a 100-z.

If you weren't prepared for the circus to come to town before it actually did, you're probably screwed.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 02:16:13 pm »

Not quite sure what you are asking about the last level there at the end of your post. If you still have dwarves then I would suggest walling yourself up someplace as you find a way to deal with the circus. Alternatively you can save scum, prepare, and then kill them all when you break through it if you aren't above cheating.

Also welcome to DF, you have just encountered a major dose of !!FUN!!. :P

And not to be picky or anything, but periods will help others understand your posts much easier and possibly enable them to help you more.

Argh! Ninja'd!
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 02:56:13 pm »

if you have them contained, you can mine out the part above them, seal it off, then create a collapse above it. It will take the floor out and crash down. You can quickly seal off while new clowns come to the fore, rince and repeat untill you run out of places to do this
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 03:26:34 pm »

Wall it off A.S.A.P or consider yourself dead. Sounds like you aren't ready. Well, I can't actually understand what you're saying, but I get the gist that they're already in the heart of your fort. So you're already really dead then.