Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Adamantine cloth items.  (Read 3841 times)

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
Re: Adamantine cloth items.
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 07:44:29 am »

How do DF releases work? Will all these little bugs be getting fixed in the next version or is it the type of game that's always got tons of quirky bugs? :p

The current release is 31_25 .. which I believe means that the game is 31% done.

At such a stage there are endless amounts of bugs. Not only because the game is only partially done; but also because it's playable at this stage. I am no programmer but the fact that we can play it at all must be quite an achievement.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 07:47:56 am »

Oh I'm not complaining about them - as you say it's well playable anyway, and great fun.

I'm wondering if Toady is the type to keep adding features then go back to fixing bugs later, or if he'll fix little things like clothing before adding new features.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 07:59:34 am »

He does what he feels like, and what he feels like looks about like this: Spending a year working on a new major release with lots of new features, then throwing out lots of minor releases for a while with some bugfixes and small new features. Repeat.
He doesn't immediately go after bugs, because it's probably more fun to add new features than to track down bugs, but all bugs will be fixed eventually.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 08:01:02 am »

If you take a naked dwarf and draft him; order him to wear regular clothes... then un-draft him once he has put them on.

Think that'd work? On one hand the clothes are his military uniform but on the other hand they're just -clothes- and they're on his body.

brb gonna try that.

edit: nope. getting a dwarf to undress is easy, just tell him to replace his clothing with armor... but then I couldnt tell him to put on his old clothes (cant appoint owned items in the military menu. another reason not to make adamantine robes: people claim them as regular clothes and your military wont get to it!)
 i bought some new clothes and ordered him to equip the specifics. he did so (two socks and a toga) and there was some hope because when i relieved him from duty he took off the toga but kept the socks on... but unfortunately it seems the socks were simply a low priority job and they later came off as well... oh well.
Is there a reason to relieve him? Can't you give him a schedule of doing nothing so he keeps his uniform on at all times?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 08:04:20 am »

Then the dwarf will spend his time doing nothing, and get angry because he's on duty for so long. Active dwarves won't do non-military jobs. But there is an option in the military menu that lets your dwarves wear armor while they're inactive.
Pages: 1 [2]