Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Black Screen  (Read 385 times)

meathelix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Black Screen
« on: September 11, 2006, 01:11:00 pm »

I can't get the game to show up at all. I tried running windowed and full screen to no avail. I've got a dual monitor setup Radeon X1900 1920x1200 on one monitor and 1280x1024 on the other. Running in Windows XP, and I even tried various compatibility modes. Any ideas?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Black Screen
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 01:51:00 am »

In what sense does it not show up?  Do you get anything in the task manager, or does it quit?  The whole screen turns black?  A black window in windowed mode?

[ September 13, 2006: Message edited by: Toady One ]

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

meathelix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 01:24:00 pm »

The window pops up, and I get a little bit of sound and a flash of a few red squares, but there's nothing else in the window.

odd2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 04:11:00 pm »

Well, I'm no expert on the issue or anything, but.. Can you get any other OpenGL applications to work? Are you using the latest version? Did you delete your game folder before eventually updating the game?

Also, try doing a full uninstall/reinstall of your video driver, use something like driver cleaner. It could be something weird with the opengl end of your driver.

meathelix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 05:23:00 pm »

Well, looks like a driver update fixed everything. I thought I was up to date, but oh well. I find it odd that it didn't run in the previous version of the radeon driver. Anyway,  on to some ASCII goodness!  :)