Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fortress Guard not arresting anyone  (Read 2137 times)

Ihmhi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fortress Guard not arresting anyone
« on: January 31, 2012, 07:00:18 am »

I have a ten-man squad of Axedorfs as my Fortress Guard and for some reason they refuse to arrest anyone.

Their (year round schedule is this:)

1 dorf stationed at Position A1
1 dorf stationed at Position A2
1 dorf stationed at Position B1
1 dorf stationed at Position B2
3 training
3 off-duty(as the number set for these skills totals ot 7, 3 guards are always off-duty).

My justice screen currently has 16 entries in it (all violation of a production order, of course) - one of which is a dwarf that died years ago.

So uh... any idea why my Fortress Guard aren't arresting anyone when I have 24 nicely crafted jails? =|

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Guard not arresting anyone
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 07:23:25 am »

Does the justice screen say anything about guards assigned to deal with the criminals?
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Ihmhi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 07:30:15 am »

Yes, it does not say that there are any guards assigned to any of the criminals.

And yes (just to answer the inevitable question), these guards are in the "Captain of the Guard" squad and the Captain of the Guard is the head of the squad. Yes, the noble is appointed appropriately.

Blah have to go to classes, but I'll be back later on today. Please if anyone has any ideas post it here and I'll pop back in a few hours.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 07:51:39 am »

What's the current activity of the head of the squad? How long has he been active? Maybe he's just beating them instead.

Ihmhi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 05:15:22 pm »

Right now the Captain is at one of the stations, but I would be more than willing to set the Guard to "patrol" or something of the sort if that would make this work better. What's the option here, just set them all to inactive or something? =|

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 05:27:35 pm »

Try setting them to inactive and see if Justice happens.

Ihmhi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 05:44:17 pm »

Set them to inactive and let the game run for a bit. The Captain and his squad are either set as "No Job" or Individual Combat Drill. No one has been arrested.

My Justice screen is attached for reference at the end of this post.

If I were to create a squad from scratch (as if it were the first time), how do I make sure to set it up right so that they arrest dorfs when they're supposed to? I'll probably disband the squad and (r)eplace the captain and see if that works, but I'd also like to know for the future so I know what to avoid. The DF wiki was unfortunately not very clear on the proper way to set this up.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 05:58:24 pm »

Just having a Sheriff or CotG should be enough. I'm not sure why your justice system isn't working.

Ihmhi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 06:16:49 pm »

I unappointed and re-appointed the Captain, and now someone has been chained. I don't know if it was the original Captain who did it or his 1 second successor. Gonna wait a bit more and see what happens...

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 10:54:56 pm »

If all of the entries in the Justice screen look like that, then your dwarves have already been punished and it's just listing their past crimes - if they have yet to be punished, it'll list their punishments and the name of the guard assigned to carry out their sentence.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.