Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First siege!  (Read 500 times)

madmenyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
First siege!
« on: January 29, 2012, 11:06:53 pm »

Gobline are stupid, i was still building bridges and finishing some gabs in my wall while they came, but they are so slow. Now i sit here with a ballistic battery that does nothing but waiting, i need a pipe system for booze to keep my siege operators happy :D.

I get that those goblin archers will just stay about 100 tiles from my castle?

I do have steal armor, and did train for a full year but i didn't see much improvement and i have weak forces. Just 2 good axe man and 3 good marksman out of my 19 man army, one had some fun with a carp :D. So i don't think i can beat 'm out in the open. I do have 4 war dogs and can make a couple more.

What are my options here because waiting for them to leave is not my style :D. I was thinking of digging a trench toward them so i could get close and personal right away with my axes, i'm ready for some fun but it would be a shame if i get too much fun :D.

Firbozz Pieman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First siege!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 11:16:07 pm »

I would reccomend traps. Build a winding passageway to your fort, fill it with traps, and open it to the world. Once they start moving into the hallway, wall off your end so they can't get in.

Saladman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 02:41:53 am »

Or, if you really want to fight it out, line a corridor out with weapon traps but just use hammers and training spears, and have your military waiting after that.  The goblins should get softened up a little by the time they reach your military. 

Or to be safe, use cage traps, and pit the goblins into an arena after disarming them.  That's a good way to get combat experience safely, especially if you're willing to mess with training weapons so they don't go down quick.

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 09:38:09 am »

I'm a big fan of digging a tunnel to come up in the middle of a squad of elusive goblin archers. It's not the most practical solution, but it's rather entertaining.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 01:37:07 pm »

Or, if you really want to fight it out, line a corridor out with weapon traps but just use hammers and training spears, and have your military waiting after that.  The goblins should get softened up a little by the time they reach your military. 

Or they could end up being super-gobbos by the time they reach your army. Either way, there's plenty of FUN to be had.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 01:40:35 pm »

Or they could end up being super-gobbos by the time they reach your army. Either way, there's plenty of FUN to be had.

Unless there's a massive drop below. Although yeah, danger room training the enemy is incredibly !FUN! :D