Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: falling riders and mounts  (Read 402 times)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
falling riders and mounts
« on: January 30, 2012, 02:18:53 pm »

So I read somewhere that if a unit falls, however far, and lands on another unit, it will be unharmed. Is this true? and how does that work with mounts and riders? they fall together, one lands top of the other, possibly? or they both splatter?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: falling riders and mounts
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 02:33:45 pm »

Not sure, the easiest way would be to test us and then see what happens. My guess would be that they both would splatter though, since I'm fairly certain that the catching creature needs to actually be standing on the ground and not classified as "falling" when it tries to perform the catch.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 02:58:29 pm »

They both go splat together. Find a goblin with a flying mount, shoot the mount, watch both splat.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 03:04:34 pm »

yay, gobbo go splat

about 13 z-levels should kill anything. For trap avoid, I also have a collapsible part. Flying FB might be a problem
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 03:25:26 pm »

There was a science thread some time ago, and 9 z lvls is the guaranteed death threshold for goblins. Armour raises this threshold.