Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Love beyond death and Houdini's corpses  (Read 417 times)

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Love beyond death and Houdini's corpses
« on: February 20, 2008, 09:32:00 am »

Hi!

There are two bugs/problems I noticed in the current version:

1. Dead dwarves stay as lovers and husbands/wives. That in itself is not that bad. But I just had a dwarf get married to a lover who had died a year ago! Directly after his death, he was listed as a lover. And now, a year later, he is listed as husband ... Maybe I should have locked the door to the crypt? :) :) :) :)

2. Corpses in weapon traps disappear and re-appear. At least sometimes, there is a delay between the death of a creature in a weapon trap and their corpse appearing in the trap. I first noticed it with a diplomat whose equipment was lying in the trap and who was listed as deceased. Only several frames later did his corpse actually appear in the trap. Until then, it was not there when checking with 'k' in the trap and adjacent tiles. Later, I saw a deer walk into my defenses - obviously seriously wounded, it lay down and then disappeared! There were a few spatters of blood in the trap tile and adjacent squares, but the deer was gone. In the unit list, there was a deceased deer right at the bottom, so I think it got registered (not sure). A little while later, I saw a dwarf carrying the deer away from that trap tile.

Deathworks

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Love beyond death and Houdini's corpses
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 10:08:00 am »

Necrophile dwarves? lol

It is a bug, indeed.

About the weapon trap bug...it is a upright spear/spike trap? Because when they are retracted, the corpse will be stored in it...

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 10:39:00 am »

Hi!

First, I need to apologize.

I mixed up my bookkeeper and my sheriff (partly because I had the bookkeeper sheriff while the original sheriff was recovering).

The lover is still a lover, no post-mortem marriage. Sorry about the false alarm.

About the trap, it is a regular weapon trap ( - [T] - [w] (I think), red '^' tile) stacked with about 4 menacing spikes (sometimes I used just 2, sometimes up to 5).
As I said, [k] showed the diplomats equipment and the blood pools from the deer, but the corpse was not listed. A little while later, the diplomat corpse was displayed on the trap tile and it was there when checked with [k]. As for the deer, I missed the moment of re-appearance; I only witnessed how a dwarf carried it away from the direction of the trap tile.

Deathworks

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 06:21:00 pm »

I've heard that weapon traps can jam, perhaps that had something to do with it?  Maybe the corpse didn't show up until someone went by and unjammed the trap?
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 06:52:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by JoRo:
<STRONG>I've heard that weapon traps can jam, perhaps that had something to do with it?  Maybe the corpse didn't show up until someone went by and unjammed the trap?</STRONG>

I've had an invisible corpse problem before, with no one cleaning.  The goblin walked into the trap, there was blood, and... nothing.  The dwarves couldn't get there.  Eventually, the corpse appeared.  That was in 33f; I haven't seen the problem again since.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 07:02:00 pm »

Oten times "T"ing over a weapon trap will show a corpse in it - until it 'unjams', the corpse wont show up in K. I think 'clean trap' makes the corpse fall out.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.