Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Not entirely sure.  (Read 777 times)

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
Not entirely sure.
« on: January 28, 2012, 09:45:24 pm »

Alright so there was a pond, with an open side, was frozen and it was over my volcano. Well, it kinda unfroze.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyways, it went down the volcano and started making obsidian walls and blocking off some of the magma on me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Why was there a pond above my volcano anyways? Is it because of my world gen or did it bug some of the walls away?
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Not entirely sure.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 10:58:48 pm »

My guess is that the game didn't bother to check if the pond should hold water or not during world gen, so it started fill when you embarked.
So just a bug.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 11:03:03 pm »

Thats what i was guessing to. Also, apparently, the game reports the muddy obsidian floors, as above ground farming area. That part kinda confuses me.  ???
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 11:05:24 pm »

Why would it not? Unless your volcano is on a mountain biome, any soil or muddied stone should be perfectly viable for farming.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 11:13:53 pm »

Why would it not? Unless your volcano is on a mountain biome, any soil or muddied stone should be perfectly viable for farming.

It says i dont have any seeds for the farm plot though, Meaning i cant use it.   :-\

Aramara Meibi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 11:29:40 pm »

wait for an elven or human caravan to come around, buy above ground seeds from them, or harvest some wild above ground plants, brew some booze and get seeds that way

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 05:42:16 pm »

You need to make some sort of product out of your food before you can use the seeds, like booze or process them. Known bug.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 06:04:34 pm »

You need to make some sort of product out of your food before you can use the seeds, like booze or process them. Known bug.

Yeah, it worked after i made some sewer brew, its all good now. Thanks guys.  ;D

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 07:29:28 pm »

Yeah, it worked after i made some sewer brew, its all good now. Thanks guys.  ;D

Ho hum, casually farming on an obsidian overhang IN A VOLCANO CALDERA and then gonna make booze out of it.

I love this game.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 07:34:40 pm »

Ho hum, casually farming on an obsidian overhang IN A VOLCANO CALDERA and then gonna make booze out of it.

I love this game.

Whats the fun of farming unless theres a little bit of danger?  :P