Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Most badass liberal escape  (Read 1339 times)

Arastyr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Most badass liberal escape
« on: January 12, 2012, 03:12:59 pm »

Well I just had a crazy experience the other day and wanted to share it and see if anyone else had cool stories.

So my squad had been going around eliminating conservative scum as is the norm.  The problem occurred when they were at a safe house healing up before their next raid.  That's when the safe house got raided... We had lost some members in the previous raids on the conservatives and we were down to the leader whose stats were pretty high (8 rifle or so tons of dodge and like 19 health) one verteran mutant missing an arm from a previous fight, but with stats similar to the leader, a liberal gangster (always a treat to find) who was just starting in his training and had maybe 3 rifle at max, and a teenage girl we had just recruited to train.  All of them were packing m16's and army body armor.  I figured the two senior members of the squad could manage to escape some crappy national guard if the other two managed to get like maybe one kill each.  So I tell them to escape; there are 9 national guard waiting outside.  Two to one odds with first strike on my side seemed like a pretty good fight to me first round of us shooting the two senior members get in some decent hits that probably made the guards they hit somewhere around "wounded", the gangster managed to graze one of them for a light wound and the teenage girl missed completely.  First round of them firing my leader "has his face blown off" putting him at badly wounded and taking out both eyes and his nose (i was surprised he survived a lucky shot like that seeing it was a shotgun that hit him).  My other veteran member got hit hard enough to be wounded.  My gangster and teenage girl sustained light wounds.  The rest of the details are monotonous, but needless to say in the end my whole squad but the teenage girl was disabled from some pretty heavy ass wounds.  She managed to single-handedly kill the better half of the national guards very, very slowly.  I just though that the whole situation was one of those moments that makes me love this game.  There is always that element of luck that you can only prepare so much for. And on a side not my faceless leader had quite a fun time being the designated driver still xD he couldnt shoot worth crap half the time, he couldnt pick locks well anymore, and his charisma went down from almost 20 to 5.  He was pretty much an OG cripple though :)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Most badass liberal escape
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 03:39:07 pm »

I love stuff like that. She was probably able to do it because through luck of the draw, she was the only one in the fight not seriously injured; the soldiers may have had their stats ripped down and seriously hindered their combat ability, leaving her as the boss of the fight. I imagine she picked up some juice and skills from that.

I remember once many years ago, before I started working on the game, I had a founder who was paralyzed from the waist down and had to do missions in a wheelchair. He was still so good that I'd send him in solo to cause trouble -- he couldn't fight, but he could bluff his way past anyone, and he carried a shotgun in his lap for insurance.

Alpheus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most badass liberal escape
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 03:29:19 am »

I had a leader, code name The Big Cheese, who while vandalizing the auto plant was called out by security.  She made it a few steps from the exit when another security guard shows up and blasts off my leader's face with his 38.  Made it to the clinic and survived to eventually write for the Liberal Guardian.  She pissed off too many corporate swine though and although the front safe house had only 10% heat, the place was raided by mercenaries.  They pumped my sweatshop liberated tailor full of lead, who promptly died, then shot The Big Cheese in the neck with their AR-15s (mercs don't have full auto at gun control C, haven't they heard of the gang bangin' crack house?) who is paralyzed and crumples to the floor.  They leave her to be captured, no doubt while exchanging hi-fives and sucking down stoogies.  But she survived, so to sum: paralyzed, no left eye, no right eye and no nose.  How her driving skill keeps going up is beyond me, unless wheelchair  counts as driving.  Now she sits in her ghetto apartment like Professor X, planning her bloody revenge.