Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Small creatures are harder to cut in half, amputate, decapitate than large ones  (Read 1013 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile

I recently noticed that very small creatures seem to be drastically harder to cut in half, amputate, decapitate, etc than larger, normal-sized ones. Does anybody know a way around this odd phenomenon, to restore the potential for decapitation etc.?

I have a custom race of mouse people that are the size of rats in the core game, but they are strangely resistant to having limbs, heads, etc chopped off compared to larger creatures. Does anybody know how to reverse this effect. I already tried making their heads, upper arms, upper legs, etc [SOCKET] body parts and drastically reducing the resilience of their bones, but it hasn't helped much.

Spoiler: Mousefolk Raws (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Modified Body Parts (click to show/hide)

Any thoughts.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 06:27:06 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Use
Code: [Select]
[code] tags instead of spoiler tags so that your bodies aren't fucked up (when posting them).

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile

Use
[code] tags instead of spoiler tags so that your bodies aren't fucked up (when posting them).

Ok, added the
tags
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:31:39 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile

I recently noticed that very small creatures seem to be drastically harder to cut in half, amputate, decapitate, etc than larger, normal-sized ones. Does anybody know a way around this odd phenomenon, to restore the potential for decapitation etc.?

I have a custom race of mouse people that are the size of rats in the core game, but they are strangely resistant to having limbs, heads, etc chopped off compared to larger creatures. Does anybody know how to reverse this effect. I already tried making their heads, upper arms, upper legs, etc [SOCKET] body parts and drastically reducing the resilience of their bones, but it hasn't helped much.

Spoiler: Mousefolk Raws (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Modified Body Parts (click to show/hide)

Any thoughts.
Are you testing against similar size creatures and weaponry? Because otherwise they'll be fighting a creature too small to get any solid hits on and they'll be effectively invincible to many attacks, like weasels are in adventure mode. Imagine trying to cut off a rats paw with a broadsword and (because this is DF) the swing hits the side of the paw "glancing off".
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Use

well, that would have been nice to know earlier (stupid TAB key not being recognized normally)

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile

Remove [CONNECTOR] from the upper spine. Otherwise, you specifically have to hit the upper spine and not just anywhere on the head in order to decapitate.

Quote from: file changes.txt
   new bp tag
      CONNECTOR -- child part with CONNECTOR keeps parent unsevered until receiving severing damage itself