Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Few bugs  (Read 619 times)

Kalkkis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Few bugs
« on: September 10, 2006, 02:43:00 pm »

Hello there, I have been playing this great game a little and noticed few bugs. First, when your cave floods and tower-cap or a shrub starts growing there, that square will be "Mud/dirt" after shrub or tower-cap is gone. Not "Muddy Limestone Cavern Floor" or like, but mud.

Second, windows don't seem to be waterproof. I was hoping to get a nice dining room with a view to waterfall to my noble, but it seems that window doesn't prevent water from rushing in.

Also, Beak dogs have hands.

I would also like to ask if there is anything I can do about my carpenter with an arrow stuck in his leg? No one seems intrested in removing that arrow and the wounds doesn't seem to heal. I guess arrow removal isn't implemented yet...

Great game, I have been enjoying this. I'm looking forward to future releases.

Kalkkis

Kalkkis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Few bugs
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 08:18:00 pm »

Update on that carpenter. Seems that his wound healed a little after all, now he is up and felling trees. I also found that ordering that arrow to be chasmed would lead to its removal. Still it would be simpler it "Health Care" task would also remove stuck arrows from wounded dwarfs.

Kalkkis

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Few bugs
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 01:23:00 am »

I think they used to know how to remove stuck-ins, but then I had to take it out for some reason, and never brought it back.  Or it's just not working.

I suppose they shouldn't be called hands, but beakdogs walk on 2 legs.  Vaguely t-rexy hunched over with vultureish heads.

The window should stop water.  I'll try to make it work when I can.

Yeah, the bush/sapling thing is known, and a bit annoying to fix properly.  On to-do, anyway.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!