Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Frozen Dwarf  (Read 517 times)

GauHelldragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Frozen Dwarf
« on: September 10, 2006, 10:58:00 am »

I have a dwarf who has been standing in the hallway for about a year now. She never gets hungry or tired or thirsty, and never does any of the jobs I assign her. She is in perfect health and is quite content. I nicknamed her "The Statue", here is the save game.
http://myweb.csuchico.edu/~kjackson6/DF-Saves/statue.rar

edit: The filesize is big, and i just started uploading, if you can't download, just wait a minute or two

[ September 10, 2006: Message edited by: GauHelldragon ]

edit: Well my dwarf started working again! I guess the problem fixed itself.

[ September 10, 2006: Message edited by: GauHelldragon ]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Frozen Dwarf
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 01:01:00 am »

Okay, but the dwarf was being an idiot for a really long time and not eating?  I guess you took the save down or something.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

GauHelldragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 11:18:00 am »

It was weird, she wasn't eating or drinking, but she also didn't seem to be getting thirsty or hungry either. Although dwarves only seem to need to eat/drink every 10 days or something, and I wasn't watching super closely.

And yea, I took the save down, the dwarf started moving again, so I assumed it was probably just nothin'.

Gronut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 06:14:00 pm »

I saw something like this too, sort'a. I had this dwarven child that went berserk for some reason, but it all got lost in the 100+ dwarves running around and I figured it'd either get sorted out (I had a happy sheriff and lots of prison space) or end in some sort of amusing bloodbath, which I guess is one take on it getting sorted out. Some time later, I saw it in the units list by chance - one perfectly berserk child. Years later. It was in the furniture pile, of all places, alive, crazy and completely immobile. Did it get locked in a coffer by accident? Anyway, sounds similar to this, crazines aside. There's a small chance I have this save, if you're interested, Toady.

Varil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 12:49:00 am »

Ahaha...some dwarf just shoved her in an extra cabinet when she got too fiesty. "You'll stay in there until you calm down, missy!"

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 02:02:00 am »

But it was standing in the furniture pile with people walking by and not carrying about it?  Was it actually berserk berserk, or some other kind of crazy?

Gronut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 11:21:00 am »

Here's the save. The site's a bit convoluted but it is free so it really fits my budget... It's not intuitive what to click on - it should say "download for free with filefactory basic" or some such.

Anyway, it's been so long that the child grew up to become a peasant. It's still in the furniture pile and immobile. In the unit list, it says "berserk" but in the unit details it just says "unhappy." It has a wine barrel in its inventory, if that means anything, and the job is "drink." It's not thirsty or injured.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 06:53:00 pm »

Okay, I managed to find the proper blue links.  I'll take a look at it the next time I go through the saves.

pikkusiili

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 11:51:00 am »

I have a game now where 6 of my 9 dwarves appear to be just sitting there.  All of them are holding a piece of food.  Mostly meat.  Some have the task of eat but they aren't actually going to the dining room.

Crowley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 12:01:00 pm »

Did this dwarf by any chance have a debt with a Hutt?