Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: My Dwarfy Fortress :3  (Read 2326 times)

Kc_spot

• Bay Watcher
  • RAW RAW OUT THINK THA POWAH!!!
    • View Profile
    • DFnoob
Re: My Dwarfy Fortress :3
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2012, 12:10:24 am »

Hey guys... where is op?
Yours is the fort that will pierce the hells!

Oh look, A DF blog.

This is a goblin skull loo. all craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with troll teeth.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 01:02:16 am »

Hey guys... where is op?
aye where did mcmagma go? possibly scared off by iamelfcollaborator?
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

CaptainBadwheel

• Bay Watcher
  • Either a Doomsday Device or an Ice Cream maker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2012, 02:08:50 am »

Pretty good if your just starting out. Time was I didn't even know how to dig much less build a drawbridge.

MagmaSolutionsInc

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes elves for their screaming, bubbling noises.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2012, 07:17:46 am »

Took me ridiculously long to work out that drawbridges had more than one mode of operations, sigh.

Looks good for a first fort (better than mine, heh .. was epic fail).

I have actually been focusing on starting horizontal lately - using up all available space on one z-level before expanding. That's more for simplicity though, as I've been focusing on volcanoes (just got the most awesome one from a new worldgen, absolutely perfect location). basically my fort's limited to the initial z-level, plus around the volcano's caldera. My goal is to build an obsidian fortress o'dorfness around the caldera, with stairs down to the rest of the fortress. I finally found the perfect location for it - it's taking years to build the 2 z-level fortress round the caldera (uses a damn lot of obsidian too), but the main fortress is thriving, and finally expanded to a 2nd z-level. Once it's complete, invasions will be  turned back on and we'll see what the god-durn !!fun!! makes of it :D

... which leads me to ask, does anyone else turn off invasions while building in order to get started? I really started doing it because I was fed up of invisible "things" blocking destroyed doors/depots/other buildings from being rebuilt after an invasion. I guess it's a bug, since DFHack's clean all can't remove it.

But yeah .. I think this'll be the fort to finally go in search of candy socks :D
stopped zombie cats from adopting dwarves

... with magma.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2012, 07:47:59 am »

It looks pretty utilitarian, that's something you make when giant badgers are on the prowl and you have to hide the delicious flesh of your dorfs.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I call it the pleasurecube, actually no that's a disgusting terrible name I don't know what I call it but it is not a pleasurecube. This is a dwarfy fortress, actually it's the dwarfy entrance to the fortress.  Below that there's a floor of workshops, sprawling quarters, and an enormous mine. The four levers independently control the bridges and on the second level of the main tower there's a single lever that closes them all at one. The eight small squares are topped by fortifications and used as positions for archers. The central large square stretches eight z's into the sky and includes an indoor garden a royal dining hall and a trade depot(an omnipresent eight z drop makes those elves very agreeable). When you make a fort it helps to have an architectural plan thought out before hand that way you aren't building around what you already built.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2012, 11:01:28 am »

God, one wrong post and suddenly everyone hates, or at least pokes fun at, the poor elf-dwarf hybrid.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2012, 11:03:06 am »

*poke* *poke*

I guess he abandoned and remade it entirely on the chert fortress thread.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2012, 11:10:12 am »

I must go...apologize, like a filthy elf.

McMagma

• Bay Watcher
  • McMagma, Fortress Addict.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2012, 11:39:18 am »

hhehehe... i m a dwarfy person.. i maked a simple topic about a fast maked fort and it turns out that it gots 3 pages lol...
and that fort was killed by a trogolyde and a goblin...

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2012, 11:54:56 am »

I think you need to discover the glory of militia... soon, dont breach caverns until you do... just a recommendation.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

McMagma

• Bay Watcher
  • McMagma, Fortress Addict.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2012, 12:04:18 pm »

i know the "glory of military", i use the glory of goblin grinder :P

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2012, 02:59:43 pm »

Took me ridiculously long to work out that drawbridges had more than one mode of operations, sigh.

Looks good for a first fort (better than mine, heh .. was epic fail).

I have actually been focusing on starting horizontal lately - using up all available space on one z-level before expanding. That's more for simplicity though, as I've been focusing on volcanoes (just got the most awesome one from a new worldgen, absolutely perfect location). basically my fort's limited to the initial z-level, plus around the volcano's caldera. My goal is to build an obsidian fortress o'dorfness around the caldera, with stairs down to the rest of the fortress. I finally found the perfect location for it - it's taking years to build the 2 z-level fortress round the caldera (uses a damn lot of obsidian too), but the main fortress is thriving, and finally expanded to a 2nd z-level. Once it's complete, invasions will be  turned back on and we'll see what the god-durn !!fun!! makes of it :D

... which leads me to ask, does anyone else turn off invasions while building in order to get started? I really started doing it because I was fed up of invisible "things" blocking destroyed doors/depots/other buildings from being rebuilt after an invasion. I guess it's a bug, since DFHack's clean all can't remove it.

But yeah .. I think this'll be the fort to finally go in search of candy socks :D

If my dwarves cannot build a fortress while the terrors of distant lands seek to rip them limb from limb, it is a fortress that doesn't deserve to be built in the first place.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2012, 03:07:54 pm »

I must go...apologize, like a filthy elf.

Give him some caged giant badgers and booze :3

Jimmy T. Malice

• Bay Watcher
  • The severed part sails off in an arc!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2012, 03:26:52 pm »

I don't know how big my fortress is. Z-levels confuse me.
Urist McDorf cancels Pull lever: not that bloody stupid
Pages: 1 2 [3]