Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New type of...ammunition or material...  (Read 835 times)

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
New type of...ammunition or material...
« on: January 25, 2012, 08:38:21 pm »

i dont know what to call it really, but something like lasers or something energy based to use with mods, or some kind of weapon of myth in DF, i really love plasma and laser weapons, so something like this would be good.

Sorry for any fail grammar :3.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

sockless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New type of...ammunition or material...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 10:06:30 pm »

Then we can make a superman megabeast that flies and has LASER eyes?

The problem is that for Toady to add it, it has to be useable within the main game, otherwise he won't add it in.

You can mod in your own ammunition, but you can't mod in solid laser beams, if that's what you want.
Iv seen people who haven't had a redheaded person in their family for quite a while, and then out of nowhere two out of three of their children have red hair.
What color was the mailman's hair?

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 10:17:41 pm »

well maybe it could go with magic? Some kind of weapon (wand?) that turns a Magic Orb (energy cell :o) or some kind of energy source into whatever the attack is or depletes some of its energy and you have to get more.

soul gathering >:D

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 10:48:27 pm »

Toady intends to implement magic at some point.

And plasma weapons wouldn't make any sense in vanilla DF, but if they're able to be modded in properly then that would be very nice.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 11:17:08 pm »

If energy sources like a Magic Orb and soul gathering (or some other energy gathering way) were implemented, a modded version should be perfectly feasable right?

Rip goat, more loli

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 12:56:54 am »

If energy sources like a Magic Orb and soul gathering (or some other energy gathering way) were implemented, a modded version should be perfectly feasable right?

Depends on how it's implemented, and how moddable it ends up being.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.