Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HFS expansion mod  (Read 3514 times)

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HFS expansion mod
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 08:54:41 pm »

I am thinking of just generating a world with no demons and using that saves messing about with at peace with wildlife and other tags.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 09:09:00 pm »

I had to read it four times, but what he said is:

Removing the Vanilla DF (generic) demons completely will allow wildlife in hell to survive, because otherwise it would be killed by the Vanilla DF demons. The only demons in hell are now the newly custom made ones.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 09:41:49 pm »

To quote narhiril, who has done quite a bit of testing down there:
-Procedural demons will attack anything on sight.  This can be avoided by adding [AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE] to anything you put down there that you don't want fighting with them.
That's not strictly true - they don't attack each other.

Also, do your custom demons also have the [DEMON] token on them? Do they also have appropriate [SPHERE]s?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, 09:46:20 pm »

To quote narhiril, who has done quite a bit of testing down there:
-Procedural demons will attack anything on sight.  This can be avoided by adding [AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE] to anything you put down there that you don't want fighting with them.
That's not strictly true - they don't attack each other.

Also, do your custom demons also have the [DEMON] token on them? Do they also have appropriate [SPHERE]s?

I'm not sure about the [DEMON] tag working; errorlog keeps spamming me with "no such tag" messages.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 10:32:36 pm »

I'm not sure about the [DEMON] tag working; errorlog keeps spamming me with "no such tag" messages.
Strangely, there seems to be some sort of flag within the function that parses the creature raws which prevents [FEATURE_BEAST], [TITAN], [DEMON], and [UNIQUE_DEMON] from being recognized whenever the raws aren't coming from inside world.dat...

The binary patch (Win32 v0.31.25 SDL) [002DDAC6 : 00 -> 01] should enable these tokens for user-defined creatures, though I'm not sure what other side effects it might have - the flag is passed down through at least 3 layers of function calls, and the functions involved are quite massive...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 10:38:11 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 11:09:51 pm »

Quietust: I am constantly impressed by your arcane knowledge with non-raw modding. What program do you use, and what kind of changes would be aviable to the average modder with it ? I mean, modding the SDL. You proposed that as well in another thread, about the firesafe/magmasafe tags.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 01:20:03 am »

Here's something for you to play around with:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98728.msg2891345#msg2891345

You can make meat and blood explode whenever a creature is harmed by setting the materials to be a gas with a boiling point of either 60000 or NONE. It works best if you use blood, and great in combination with a superhot undirected dust attack and fragile creature materials.

Put it on a vermin only found in hell and watch all your cats explode with the force of a sun.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 10:49:26 am »

It isn't possible to add cavern civs below the caverns.

I'd like to test that a bit more thoroughly, as the indications I have gotten seem to point towards it being possible.  As a test, I put a renamed creature and civ down to [UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:5:5] and [LAYER_LINKED], and they DID show up in worldgen.  Admittedly I haven't gotten any direct evidence of them actually being where they're supposed to be, though.  I tried a few large embarks without getting lucky and hitting upon them with dfreveal :\ 

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 10:51:30 am »

Strangely, there seems to be some sort of flag within the function that parses the creature raws which prevents [FEATURE_BEAST], [TITAN], [DEMON], and [UNIQUE_DEMON] from being recognized whenever the raws aren't coming from inside world.dat...

The binary patch (Win32 v0.31.25 SDL) [002DDAC6 : 00 -> 01] should enable these tokens for user-defined creatures, though I'm not sure what other side effects it might have - the flag is passed down through at least 3 layers of function calls, and the functions involved are quite massive...

Apologies for double post, but if this works, I might be adding you as a minor god to the LFR pantheon.  With permission, of course.   ;)
Pages: 1 [2]