Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Magical floating stones  (Read 383 times)

slackingest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Magical floating stones
« on: August 15, 2007, 07:45:00 pm »

Forgive me if this one has already been addressed somewhere.

So, I had a bridge project, over the chasms. Something really large, like 6x5, and it was taking bloody forever. So, I cancelled it halfway through, at some point where I needed that mason back making, oh, I don't know, let's say cabinets?

Once the deconstruction had been taken care of, I found that there were some rocks magically floating over the chasm. The reason I found this out is because one of my dwarves was intent on using on of the rocks in the very middle of the chasm for a construction project elsewhere, and he just sort of hung out at the edge, whimpering.

Once I got bridges back across, the dwarves took care of things, but I want to say there should be either a 'am I on a chasm/river/magma' check, or the cancelling of a job should ensure that whatever materials had been hauled are put back on someplace that is actualy ground.

Core Xii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical floating stones
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 09:28:00 pm »

Reported ages ago several times.
Reality is for people who lack imagination

Darkchampion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 06:27:00 am »

You are supposed to have dwarves throw sand at the stones sitting on "air" in the chasm to reveal a secret bridge that looks invisible due to an optical illusion.

Varil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 06:38:00 am »

No more Indiana Jones for you.