Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Picks (and axes I guess) as military weapons  (Read 1215 times)

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
Re: Picks (and axes I guess) as military weapons
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 04:27:55 pm »

the only things that seem to be butcher-able (the only acceptable causes of death, that is) is violence by your dwarves
I had my dwarf butcher butcher a dead whale which seemed to die of natural cause as the beach was far enough from my military and I had no crossbows.

Rude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 07:49:04 pm »

if you can figure out the exact rules about butchering, or how to butcher things that died incidentally on the map; then please let me know, bc I routinely throw away piles or carcasses that rot practically inside the butcher shop for no good reason.

It seems like a heard a while ago that you used to be able to let goblins rot to skeletons and then butcher them for bones. I would love to send those deceased goblins back to their comrades from the fun end of a crossbow, but sending them back to the core of the planet is kinda dwarfy too.

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 08:41:20 pm »

if you can figure out the exact rules about butchering, or how to butcher things that died incidentally on the map; then please let me know, bc I routinely throw away piles or carcasses that rot practically inside the butcher shop for no good reason.

It seems like a heard a while ago that you used to be able to let goblins rot to skeletons and then butcher them for bones. I would love to send those deceased goblins back to their comrades from the fun end of a crossbow, but sending them back to the core of the planet is kinda dwarfy too.

I like the acres and acres of skeletons that pile up on the lawn. It would be a cool place to raise rats the way you raise bees in beehives.
Pages: 1 [2]