Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Favorite Embarks/Worlds  (Read 643 times)

JinF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Favorite Embarks/Worlds
« on: January 22, 2012, 11:45:15 pm »

I am sure all of us have a world or embark point in a world that they love. Somewhere they can go back to every few magma flooded, candy clown eaten, tantrum spiraled forts and give it another whack.
Maybe it has a great history (and the Dorfs are at war with the elves). Maybe it has glorious embark spots with all-you-can-mine ore and gems. Maybe it is sufficiently evil for !!fun!!. Whatever it is, we each have one of these, that even if we do not come back to, even if they were lost to the sands of time, we remember them and always have a few good stories to tell from them.

What are yours?

Here is mine, from an old topic I made a good while back: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=62996

Had everything I needed. Everything for steel, was infested with undead elephants and other !!fun!! creatures and goblin invasions were a yearly event. It was also COMPLETELY FLAT. At least my embark area. Oh the stories I could tell...

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Embarks/Worlds
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 11:53:23 pm »

Oh, is it possible you still have the seeds for that world? I don't think you posted them in that thread...

JinF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 11:58:43 pm »

Did you look through the thread? They are posted near the bottom.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MagmaSolutionsInc

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes elves for their screaming, bubbling noises.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 01:43:31 am »

I had one with an epic waterfall that was perfectly placed to build a bridge across, linking one part of the fortress to another. It was a ridiculous number of z levels high.

I miss that embark.
stopped zombie cats from adopting dwarves

... with magma.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 08:12:58 pm »

I had three. dodukvucrig. I cant go back to it because it was in the last major version of DF. anvilrelief. was the first time I ever got to the candy, it was also my most successful fort to date. tried to go back at least 7 times. but even after ten game years, the bearded lady and the dog faced boy stopped me every time. crafttin was amazing. captured an elf princess, made peace with the goblins, and killed many forgotten beasts in a single mountain in the middle of a vast desert. went there with an adventurer several times. the place was always empty of enemies and treasures though... I did try a reclaim on that place. was fun, but the elves really caused me trouble and I ended up dying in the end.

as for worlds, the one one anvilrelief was in was great. I got nine or ten forts under my belt in that world alone. the terrain was pretty varied.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 10:11:14 pm »

Did you look through the thread? They are posted near the bottom.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This may be my lack of experience, but isn't that not enough? If it is, how do I extrapolate that to a fills world? I've only seen the full detail one, not one this small.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 10:34:40 pm »

PTW