Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I want a Flat(ish) Volcano, any ideas?  (Read 960 times)

Gr33kjester

• Bay Watcher
  • Marxism - For those who VALUE their Booze...
    • View Profile
I want a Flat(ish) Volcano, any ideas?
« on: January 22, 2012, 08:58:03 am »

So yeah, I'm tried of those volcanoes by the sea on which I cannot do much, I am just wondering, is there any way to mod in Volcanoes with a height of 1 - 2, thanks anyway, and sorry :s
This is an enscribed adamantine dwarf-leg hammer.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes OF SHEER AWESOMENESS.

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
Re: I want a Flat(ish) Volcano, any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 11:52:30 am »

no, ive found ones where the pipe only went up a bit but there was still a caldera over it. best bet is to generate a max volcano number world
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Relapse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 12:34:59 pm »

Is this what you're looking for? I have a world where, at ground level the whole map is flat (2x2 embark) except for a small protruding mountain which is 4z levels high in the center and a "flat" volcano off to the side.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you tell me how to get the world gen seed I'll give it to you.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 12:37:47 pm by Relapse »

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 12:44:53 pm »

Adv. Perameters change the volcanism variance to 3200 for x and y axis, then increase volcano number to 100. This will basically generate volcanoes at any layer..you could get flat ones, you could get them in caverns beneath the ground, you can dig to those which is almost as good. If you increase maximum volcanism that always helps too. Might get a load of rejects but eh, worth it.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!