Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mods for Urist McTimTaylor  (Read 904 times)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mods for Urist McTimTaylor
« on: January 25, 2012, 07:52:53 pm »

Hello, I've done a lot of modding, but now I've decided to do some DF modding. Having never done it before, I anticipate excessive amounts of fun. However, my current fort is actually working quite well and I'm interested in doing more things with power.

Having gone through twenty pages of mods, my eyes have glazed over a bit, and I haven't found what I'm looking for. Can any one point out some mods that give me more things that need power to run? I have 800 now, and will be using it to pump water so I can put a water reactor in place to power a pump stack to bring magma to the surface, but for the moment I'm more interested in other things. Like siege proofing.

I've seen quite a few creative ideas, but I'm not sure what needs power and what doesn't, so... Anyway, thanks in advance for any help. :D

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mods for Urist McTimTaylor
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 10:49:12 pm »

Modded buildings can't use or produce power.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 02:32:58 am »

Yeah, at the moment power usage is sadly hardcoded only. You would have needed to regenerate the world after adding anything new anyways though.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 09:03:45 am »

Ah. Rats. Oh well. Thanks anyway.