Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (Yet) another Let's Play!  (Read 786 times)

tivec

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
(Yet) another Let's Play!
« on: January 19, 2012, 04:06:05 am »

Hey guys,

I thought I'd take a plunge into the world of LPs and make one for DF. Take a look, comment, like and subscribe (if you like it)!

Check over on www.youtube.com/thetivec, and please ignore my accent - I blame my scandinavian birth.

If you want a dwarf in the LP, please comment on one of the videos and I'll do my best to get you a spot :)

-Tiv
Urist McDoctor recommends a healthy magma bath to minimize the risk for infection.

In one fort I had war elephants riding camels into battle. I can imagine the war elephants taming them simply by picking them up and dropping them in a coral. I still don't understand how you can fit a few ton elephant onto camel though.

Check out my Let's Play on my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/thetivec

Naros

• Bay Watcher
  • [COVETS_SPOONS]
    • View Profile
Re: (Yet) another Let's Play!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 02:19:37 pm »

This can't end well.

Central staircase fort, with the entrance at the top of the staircase? Deathtraaaaaap! :D

tivec

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 12:40:36 am »

Oh I know :) It's part of the fun. Note to self - make soap and a hospital asap. It will be needed.
Urist McDoctor recommends a healthy magma bath to minimize the risk for infection.

In one fort I had war elephants riding camels into battle. I can imagine the war elephants taming them simply by picking them up and dropping them in a coral. I still don't understand how you can fit a few ton elephant onto camel though.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 04:24:14 pm »

Looking forward to much Fun in the future!
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

tivec

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 06:39:52 am »

Looking forward to much Fun in the future!

We get some of it already in episode 3 - at least we get some action! :D Two more episodes are up now!

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 09:18:55 am »

This sounds great, but it should go into Community Games.  That's an entire subforum dedicated to DF LP's, succession games, etc.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

tivec

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 12:36:04 am »

This sounds great, but it should go into Community Games.  That's an entire subforum dedicated to DF LP's, succession games, etc.

You're right with that. If a mod feels like moving the topic, I'd appreciate it.