Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My militia hates carp  (Read 825 times)

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My militia hates carp
« on: January 20, 2012, 11:43:20 am »

Or at least one of them does, among the many cool things about my current fort is the waterfall entrance, my militia trains near the entrance and their constant exposure to the pleasing mist makes them happy to do so indefinitely. To reach their position enemies must walk down a narrow cliff path lined with Bridge-A-Pults that will launch them either into the river or across it into a specially dug out cave where they will hopefully explode and be lootable, if they get past that there are a pair of trap lined switchbacks before finally reaching the entrance proper.
So I was rather surprised when I noticed blood in the water, immediately pausing and checking the logs I found that one of my recruits had decided to leap into the river and beat a carp to death with his shield. After doing so he hauled himself out and immediately went back to training, not a scratch on him. there was no ramp allowing him to climb out of the river, so he must have done so through sheer force of not giving a $%^#.

Alestom

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Scotsman
    • View Profile
Re: My militia hates carp
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 11:52:14 am »

Give him a necklace made of the bones of that carp......One of the few dwarves to conquer the evil demon-fish
If I had my time again, I know Id be a fighting man

In far Malay or Vietnam, Though I am more a lover

OcelotTango

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 12:13:00 pm »

The dread carp speak to me, their aura of terror even reaches me here underground. They tell me to jump in their river, they tell me to join them...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 03:10:04 pm »

The dread carp speak to me, their aura of terror even reaches me here underground. They tell me to jump in their river, they tell me to join them...

Why not? Join the carp side, they have socks.