Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help me please with my nice embark  (Read 1499 times)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Help me please with my nice embark
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 07:50:23 am »

Another interesting (I think) idea came from the name the random generator gave to my fort : Crossblazed ! I have decided that my entire fort will be cross-shaped, but later on it'll be a great welcome sign to have a massive burning cross dominating the canyon. Raising another question : do constructions made out of flammable materials catch fire (16 z-lvl high !!lignite block cross!!, anyone ?) ? And if so, will it burn forever, or will it be a reminder of the non permanency of all things ?
If not, I think I'll have to mess with magma, like a cross with magma-bleeding stigmatas. But magma still feels too mundane. Any other idea ?
setting things on fire is pretty hard. Only magma is reliable and I don't think that works on constructions. Dragon fire may be your friend here, but you'll have to edit the raws a bit to make it tameable (remove the EXOTIC tag) and even then I'm not sure if it'll work

dragon fire is a bit strong though and a bit harder to direct and may cause unexpected fun, plus you'd need to capture a dragon first
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Pad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help me please with my nice embark
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 07:59:02 am »

Too bad, I'll stick with the magma I guess.

However, this is absolutely not planned for today, as I'm still struggling to set up a spiral ramp (just because!) system that fits in a 3x3 square and doesn't get my dwarves stuck because of the ramps limitations. And I guess my discovery of these limitations could be an entry for the facepalm topic, too...
Pages: 1 [2]