Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Trees  (Read 2621 times)

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trees
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 02:36:42 pm »

Fixed it by assigning a forth dwarf who was already caring an axe. That's the second time I've had pickup equipment problems.

EDIT: Of course, I start looking at my carpenters and detail and suddenly a bunch of dwarves get out and chop trees. ::)

It's easy to forget that this isn't your typical RTS and dwarves follow your orders when they feel like it.

Drop the truly lazy ones into the cavern layers, and if you ever have a problem like this where you need something done sooner rather than later then follow the advice about temporarily enabling the labor on every dwarf. DwarfTherapist is awesome like that.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 07:04:20 pm »

Sadly, whenever I turn on a labor for 'everyone' that includes the limbless wonders who will slowly worm their way to the forest, clencing an axe in their mouth and/or give cancel spam.

I probably should use heat therapy on them, but so far I've avoided deliberatly killing any dwarfs.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Nan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 11:18:09 pm »

Put cripples in a cripple burrow. Problem solved :D.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 11:44:21 pm »

I made my paraplegic dwarf the broker and put him in a burrow next to the depot, with food and booze stockpiles. Best broker I've ever had--actually got to the depot before the traders left.

Kumquat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 02:40:15 am »

Enabling mining or woodcutting (or hunting?) with dwarf therapist doesn't work properly since it misses an internal trigger that makes a dwarf pick up equipment for those jobs.

You need to use the in-game UI for those to work "reliably".

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 09:24:54 pm »

I've must say I've never noticed that problem, but I'll keep an eye out for it.  My miners are generally ultra-dedicated miners[1] that aren't messed with.  But my woodcutters are generally more flexible in the job assignments, so I'll keep a heads up next time I switch them in or out.

[1] If anything, I use DT to strike off all other labours, hauling included, from those immigrants that arrive with a decent mining skill, to add to the original top two miners I always bring with me.  I'm very particular about who gets to dig my fortress out. :)

Azure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 07:14:29 pm »

Job orders are first in last out order. In addition, stuff like hauling piles up for everyone with the labor active. Personally, i like my bookie/broker cutting wood when i don't need him trading. Also, Disable wood hauling on your woodcutter and he'll cut A LOT faster.
Pages: 1 [2]