Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I have a Hypochondriac dwarf!  (Read 1244 times)

CaptainBadwheel

• Bay Watcher
  • Either a Doomsday Device or an Ice Cream maker.
    • View Profile
I have a Hypochondriac dwarf!
« on: January 25, 2012, 12:19:40 am »

I have this potter, who is in my military. I noticed he was unhappy so I looked through his stats and noticed that he was sleeping in great bedrooms and drinking/eating decadently.  He was cave adapted and getting heavily nauseated by the sun because we had a siege that knocked out an entire caravan and everyone was hauling. What puzzled me was that he had the "sustained major injuries recently", (surprising because I try to keep up on injuries). I looked through his wounds list, nothing. Looked through medical history, nothing. No scars in his description, no missing limbs, no infections. ???
Any thoughts?

Sentientdeth

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Soul Immortal
    • View Profile
    • Sentientdeth's Composition Blog
Re: I have a Hypochondriac dwarf!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 12:21:39 am »

Drop him in magma.  It's the dwarven cure-all.
Dirgeplayer of the Twelve Bays
-The Bard's Guild-

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 12:39:58 am »

Major mental injury?

are you using any mods, such as genesis?
could it be possible it was a major injury in a portion of the body that heals find naturally, smaller bone bruise etc etc?

now the no medical history is fairly odd... does he work in a dangerous section of the fort? caverns? surface?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 12:45:53 am »

Maybe cave adaptation vomiting counts as a major injury or something?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

CaptainBadwheel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 12:54:41 am »

Only mods are Mayday and the DFHack console thingy. He had just snuffed an ogre that was passed out after tangling with the doomed caravan's guards and feeling pretty good about it. Other than that his life isn't any more dangerous than all the other useless professionals who I've pressed into military service. The most danger he's ever been in is when I'm throwing prisoners into a pit for the unit to practice on which is dangerous but I watch them and take note of who gets hit where (I just had one of my heavy infantry get killed by a lasher I uncaged  :'()

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 01:01:33 am »

sounds like your a DF military junkie  ;).

on that note go chech out Meph's masterwork DF mod you would love it.

on topic, with how careful you are about injuries im gonna have to go with,
Maybe cave adaptation vomiting counts as a major injury or something?
i would do the science but i have NEVER had a cave adapted dwarf do to my dining rooms having gem window ceilings.

CaptainBadwheel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 01:16:45 am »

I have this bizarre open air statue garden/petting zoo structure at the top of my fortress to try to keep cave adaption to a minimum but my dwarves on military rotation are terrible about sequestering themselves in the training areas. They sit around sharpening weapons moping about how the sun is so bright and all hovery like in the sky and stuff. How their toes get tired from holding onto the ground outside so they don't fall up and how terrible a name Shepard is for a militia commander.

Jalapeņo Cheesepuffs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 01:33:25 am »

I had a similar (I think) situation where one of my dwarves broke a single wrist, collapsed to the ground, and vegged out for all of eternity.

I checked his status after some concern; he was no longer suffering from pain. I moved barrels of food and drink on top and side of him; he refused to eat or drink, but was Dehydrated and hungry.
"The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr. Brain has long since departed"

-Edmund Blackadder