Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Healing time in Dwarf Fort mode  (Read 508 times)

CogDissident

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Healing time in Dwarf Fort mode
« on: August 13, 2006, 04:53:00 am »

I've noticed that basically half of the injuries that dwarves suffer from combat that make them take bed rest are unhealable. Broken/removed limbs I can understand, but then they spend forever in bed without ever doing anything other than going into a frenzy.
I think that they should return to a normal-ish life at some point. Obviously unable to use some limb and crippled in the approiate way (ulta-slow if they lost a leg, unable to hold something in an arm that is crippled, and so on), but not useless to the point where you have to isolate whatever room they took to and starve them to death.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Healing time in Dwarf Fort mode
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 05:01:00 am »

I think I need to get a move on with the "SHADOW limb" stuff...  right now, they feel so much pain from their missing limbs, even years later, that they would be useless workers.  Once I get that fixed I can let them re-enter the work force, even if they can't take many jobs.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

karnot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Healing time in Dwarf Fort mode
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 05:36:00 am »

quote:
Once I get that fixed I can let them re-enter the work force, even if they can't take many jobs.

Maybe they can haul stuff that does not exceed some small weight limit ? Or make really weird crafts.