Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crippled dwarf, others aren't helping him.  (Read 874 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Crippled dwarf, others aren't helping him.
« on: January 15, 2012, 12:38:12 am »

So, I had this big string of ambushes. The goblins all died, with only one death on my side (I accidentally atom-smashed him, don't worry, he wasn't any good.) But, I have a marksdwarf who decided to run out and get his legs broken. He is now just lying down in the middle of a field, vulnerable, unable to walk.

And the other dwarves aren't even bothering to help him, he's very close to the entrance, there are dwarves with the "recovering injured" labor but still have "no job"

I want to save this guy, a bit of help?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Crippled dwarf, others aren't helping him.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 03:17:11 am »

It's possible that he just hasn't been picked up yet and there is a dwarf on the way. Alternatively do you have any free beds? These could be in your hospital, barracks, dormitory, or just built but not in a room. I'm not sure, but it's possible that if you don't have any free beds and the dwarf doesn't have a bedroom that they don't have anywhere to put him at the moment.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

kardwill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 03:23:44 am »

Is he still awake? My medical dwarves tend to only take comatose or sleeping patents to their beds. The conscious ones have to drag themselves to the hospital...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 04:52:11 am »

Just wait a while, they will notice him and drag him off to an available, unused bed.

Then, he will rest. Meaning go into unconscious state and wake only for food or water, until you set up a hospital and cure him.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 06:28:02 am »

Wait for him to fall asleep. Also, make sure you have a hospital designated with all the appropriate equipment and labours.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 10:41:45 am »

My dwarves won't pick up military units with active orders. If his squad has a station or kill order, you probably need to cancel it so he'll be temporarily swapped to a civilian while they try to put him back together again.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 02:44:00 pm »

odd, I already have all of these things done, I even have a hospital with several empty beds in it. Plus a ton of un-used rooms planted into the fortress. He can't walk, so I just suppose I'll just ignore him until my dwarves get him.