Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: feinting dwarves  (Read 487 times)

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
feinting dwarves
« on: January 24, 2012, 04:31:35 pm »

this is more of an adventure mode suggestion, but it would also have some weight in fortress mode. Now that dwarves don't immediately know what or who killed someone, i suggest that they also don't know how they died, or if they are even dead. This way, you could go unconscious in adventure mode, and depending on the various character traits of your opponent you may be left alive. And during a goblin raid, if one of your soldiers is knocked unconscious, he will be left until either side is completely defeated.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: feinting dwarves
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 05:37:42 pm »

There is a slight bug where a syndrome that causes you to be unconscious forces you to be unconscious forever, until something kills you. You can't even let yourself starve in the [esc] screen :(
Though generally if you feint, I can imagine better situations - like being taken hostage >:D

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
Re: feinting dwarves
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 08:30:59 pm »

exactly, i think it would be cool to feint in adv mode and wake up in a cage, or find that some of those golblin raiders you thought you killed are still alive and good for target practice. plus it's more realistic.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson