Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lava-flooding fortress keeps crashing.  (Read 1091 times)

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
Lava-flooding fortress keeps crashing.
« on: January 13, 2012, 01:09:36 am »

My fortress is flooding with lava currently due to a plumbing mistake - and the game just auto-saved due to season change.  Oops.

Well, the game crashes when the lava reaches the trade depot, where there is an unloaded elven caravan.   Any ideas why?
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lava-flooding fortress keeps crashing.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 01:11:44 am »

You should probably get that one submitted to Mantis (the bug tracker Toady uses).  Upload a copy of the save to DFFD, check Mantis for an existing bug report on this issue, and if one exists add a comment with a link to your uploaded save game.  If one doesn't exist, submit a bug report that includes the link to your save.

[edit] looks like this bug was reported a while back.  You still want to add to it, as more instances make it easier to figure out what exactly is causing it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:15:05 am by krenshala »
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
Re: Lava-flooding fortress keeps crashing.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 01:18:10 am »

It does seem to be that bug - the trade depot is made of limestone and thus not magma safe.  I fixed it by using DT to give a dwarf masonry and deconstructing the depot before the lava got it.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.